Friday, October 26, 2012
One of the reasons I come to Barkworld is because it really is a true social networking conference that offers great educational content blended with fun events. It draws a nice blend of full-time and part-time bloggers, and folks who are new to the world of social media. Founder Denise Quashie has done an excellent job attracting sponsors and exhibitors who together make the event interesting, educational and fun.
Hey do you love puppies? Check out this super cute English Bulldog puppy "Jazzy", here with her humom Wendy (@SirMacLadyAlley). What's not to like about a pet social media conference where you can network with puppies?
And how about this SUPER COOL poodle named Linus (@LittleDogLinus) who looks rather dashing and intelligent in his bowtie and glasses, don't you think? I was so impressed to learn that Linus is actually a therapy dog. How cool is that?
Tonight's 'Block Pawty' turned out to be really terrific. Attendees mixed and mingled for most of the night, meeting sponsors, networking about business opportunities and enoying some great tunes from the DJ. Kudos to Denise and her team for pulling off a very successful day. I'm so pleased to be attending along with my company Natural Balance Pet Foods. I can't wait for tomorrow!
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Saturday, October 20, 2012
|Campaign Poster by Sir Mac & Lady Alley (SirMacLadyAlley)|
committed to nominate the following Canines & Felines to these Cabinet Level Positions:
- Department of State: Irish Wolfhound
- Department of Defense: Bulldog
- Department of Treasury: Basset Hound
- Department of Justice: Doberman Pinscher
- Department of Interior: Labrador Retriever
- Department of Agriculture: Australian Cattle Dog
- Department of Commerce: Maine Coon Cat
- Department of Labor: Border Collie
- Department of Health and Human Services: St Bernard
- Department of Housing & Urban Development: Alley Cat
- Department of Transportation: Dalmation
- Department of Energy: Jack Russell Terrier
- Department of Education: Standard Poodle
- Department of Veterans Affairs: Rottweiler
- Department of Homeland Security: German Shepherd
Sheldon Gryffindor's Platform:
- Right to Pursue Happiness: Supports free belly rubs for everyone
- Job Stimulus Package: Endorses programs to recycle plush toys, putting countless seamstresses and stuffing people back to work.
- Supports new Yappy Hour legislation in all 50 states
- Taxes: The only tax increase in his budget is a mere $1 per person to feed homeless pets in shelters.
- The New Deal: Sponsor of the "Done Bone Stimulus Initiative" (DBSI) which puts a new bone in every dog house, donated by private citizens.
- Health Care: Promotes Spay & Neuter Programs with Low Cost Spay/Neuter Clinics.
- Health Care: Supports a bill to provide access to elect affordable vet care insurance funded by the money saved by reducing the IRS Staff by 20%.
- Health Care: Supports new anti-hairball legislation which will help millions of cats.
- Business Friendly: Supports Responsible Breeders who also support breed rescue.
- Peace Talks: Suggests unilateral peace talks between Petco and Petsmart
- Equal Rights: Believes in equal rights for small and large breed dogs
- Mental Health Programs: Suggests a ballot initiative to require mandatory "Take Your Dog To Work Day", everyday
- Anti-Discrimination: Seeks to overturn anti-pet friendly laws and to allow pets into all restaurants.
- Low Income Citizens: Supports subsidized dog houses for low income humans, funded from savings by the elimination the unnecessary pennies currently minted and circulated by the Treasury.
- Marriage: Supports the right to mixed species marriages, dogs + cats would be free to marry.
- Education: Seeks education reform for humans on proper pet handling and etiquette.
- Civil Rights: Supports the addition of a new category to dog shows for "Best Mixed Breed Rescue Dog"
- Commitment to the Environment: Supports Recycled cat litter and recyclable dog poop bags.
This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.
It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.
As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.
This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.
No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin . The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.