Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Saturday Seven: Favorite Paula Abdul Songs

Like millions of others, I am a faithful fan of American Idol. Each season I follow the auditions across the country and eventually begin rooting for my favorite contestants when it gets down to the top 10. This season is no exception- there are plenty of good singers on the show this year! As a side note, one of my favorites was Jennifer Hudson from season three. A few years back I had the chance to meet Jennifer Hudson at a private party here in in Palm Springs. But I digress). I can honestly say that I also watch because I am a fan of Paula Abdul. I have always liked Paula, way back in the 80's when she was on the radio constantly. Despite some of the grief people give her I think Paula is awesome. She is the inspiration for this week's scintillating edition of The Saturday Seven: Favorite Paula Abdul Songs
#1 The Way That You Love Me
#2 Opposites Attract
#3 Forever Your Girl
#4 Dance Like There's No Tomorrow
#5 Straight Up
#6 Cold Hearted
#7 Knocked Out

Here's a YouTube video of Dance Like There's No Tomorrow:

Thanks for stopping by this week's Saturday Seven post. I'll have more news about Paula Abdul very soon....if you want a sneak peak, click here...or here.
-Rick Rockhill

8 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

There is some NEW way people are posting Videos on their blogs and I cannot see any of them. ALL that appears is an empty box and way up in the left hand corner a Colorful little box...(Not an X..) BUT, if it is on YouTube, I can see it there....!

As to Paula Abdul...Shocking as this may sound, I am not familiar with any of her songs....And, I am not watching American Idol....Oh Dear....So behind the times up here on my Hill! (lol)

kenju said...

It's great that she is going to help such a good cause.

I am a big fan of Idol, too. Who's your favorite this season?

jackie said...

I like Paula too. She does tend to ramble at times but she seems like a sweet girl.

Lilian said...

Hi Rick!!!
I have not blogged much in a long time, but now that I'm coming back to Blogger-World I can't miss your excellent cyber-place :-)
Paula Abdul is someone who I admire. She is an artist, a beautiful woman and a sensitive soul; thanks for posting the YouTube link.

Warm Regards--

A Lewis said...

I think she's got a giant heart and always wants the best for everyone. Clearly, though, the girl struggles. I wish her all the best sitting next to that arrogant Englishman (in spite of the fact that he's spot on most of the time).

Jodi said...

I like Paula, too. Most of the time she cracks me up on American Idol.

Your blog is looking great, Rick! I am impressed.

J.

Cheryl said...

Paula always shows her kind heart. Always has something nice to say. I love Idol when it gets down to the top 12. My DVR stole last week's show. That made me so mad. I watched Adam on Youtube. My favorite of them all.

Naomi said...

We get Idol here Rick. It's a really good show. I like Jennifer Hudson too. I always thought Paula Abdul was a really good singer. It's a shame we don't hear her sing much nowadays. Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.