Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Bit of Halloween Spirit

Flying Witch on a broomstick sparkles in the evening light.
Long time readers of this blog know that Halloween is one of my favorite times of year. A wonderful reminder of those carefree days of my childhood. Growing up in New England, the autumn season was filled with iconic memories; cool, crisp nights, falling leaves in brilliant hues of red, yellow and brown, pumpkins, apple picking, warm cider, and hay rides leading up to the excitement of Halloween. Many decades on from my childhood, one still looks back fondly at all the fun and excitement of the season. A pumpkin and various seasonal and Halloween themed decorations still adorn the doorstep every year. Most Halloween evenings I'm home, dressed in some costume to answer the door for trick-or-treaters, dispensing chocolate to kids in the neighborhood. Two years ago I dressed as Harry Potter...and ever since,  the kids in the neighborhood still call me Harry when the see me throughout the year.

Roman Centurion and a Wizard at a Halloween party
This year I chose to dress as a wizard. I wasn't specific as to which one, Dumbledore, Gandalf or Merlin, I just wanted to dress as a good wizard. Perhaps all this dressing up in costumes sounds silly and immature, but it is fun. It is also a big business in the US. Yesterday I realized that a wig was still in order to complete my costume, so off to the shops in search of some locks. Luckily, even at the last minute the Halloween store in Burbank had a handy wizard wig and beard kit! It was a little itchy and hot, but it did the trick. So here I am, as a wizard. Incidentally the wand was one I bought at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios (all that means is I paid too much for it). The robes however are genuine movie studio costumes, I rented them from Western Costumes in Burbank. It turned out to be a fun costume. This photo above is from a Halloween party last night, but I plan to reprise this look again Monday evening for this year's trick-or-treaters. My inner child is beaming with joy yet again. Happy Halloween to you.

No comments:

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.