Tuesday, September 19, 2017

A Memory from 1978 in Rhode Island



It was 39 years ago, on a cold snowy winter day in Rhode Island. A photographer from a local newspaper, The Observer took a photo of my brother and I with three other kids in the neighborhood. It was a bitter cold day and we were waiting for the school bus. I remember the photographer asked us to "look cold". I fastened my knit scarf and lowered by Snoopy hat below my eyes and did as good a job as any ten year old kid could do. The result was this front page photo that ran on January 12, 1978. I am the little kid in the lower left, and my brother is behind me, top left. I still have the full copy of the edition, the pages are yellow and brittle, but it is a nice memory of my childhood. 

No comments:

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.