Monday, April 6, 2009

Hanging Out With Paula Abdul

This past weekend I had an exceptionally busy schedule. It was a blend of business and pleasure, interwoven very closely but even the work aspect was enjoyable. Regular readers of this blog know that I avoid discussing my professional life because this is a personal blog. That being said, there are aspects of the weekend that were personal/social and therefore I can write about them here on my own blog. I am fiercely protective and respectful of certain friendships I have with high profile people. I tend to only share photos and stories that occur in public; you will notice that I rarely share photos of private dinners, etc. John happened to take these photos of me and Paula Abdul yesterday while at a graduation ceremony at The Guide Dogs of the Desert in Palm Springs. In this first photo, Paula is holding her adorable Chihuahua, "Bessie Moo".

Paula is such a sweet and intelligent person, very genuine and warm too.
above: we stopped for a quick photo and shared a few laughs.

above: After the event was finished, crowds of fans surrounded Paula as she slowly made her way out of the building. She graciously posed for photos and signed autographs for quite awhile. Outside, a security guard directs Paula's limo, clearing the way from a crowd of people (not visible in this photo). It was an enjoyable day with Paula. She'll always be Forever My Girl.
-Rick Rockhill

9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

lucky duck! ha ha ha what fun you have my friend. know what? me too!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

A Lewis said...

She seems exactly like you've described her....warm, caring, a big heart for people!

kenju said...

Good for you. I'm glad she's an animal lover.

snowelf said...

I absolutely love Paula Abdul. She seems like she has all the qualities you could ever want in a dear friend. How lucky you were to spend time with her!!

I always enjoy your adventures so, Rick! Take care :)

--snow

Tea N. Crumpet said...

I love Paula's music-- I like to clean house with her and dance with the kids and the dog! I get little cleaning done, but we have fun!

Rhodester said...

Rick, you sell dog food, for God's sake. Paula Abdul? You'll have to explain all of this to me one of these days.

Rick Rockhill said...

Rhodester- yeah, its complicated...I am a bit of a mystery~

Odat said...

How cool!!! Hey did Sheldon meet Bessie Moo???
Peace

WAT said...

Ah. I see. I see...

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.