Saturday, July 9, 2011

TV's 'Dallas' is Set to Return to Airways on TNT

I came across an article on USA.Today.com about the 80's TV drama Dallas coming back on the air in a new series on TNT this summer. For all of us who watched Dallas faithfully every Friday night for 13 years, this is great news for sure! You can get more information directly from the special TNT website. Incidentally, Linda Gray is a lovely woman and a fantastic actress. Keep an eye out for more interesting things on TV from Ms Gray.
Also, here is another article from the BBC about the new Dallas: Click here.

For those of you interested, here is the exact article from USA.Today.com:
from USAToday.com, By CLIFF LIPSON
J.R. Ewing and company are officially headed back to the small screen now that cable network TNT has greenlit the revamp of the epic primetime soap Dallas, which aired from 1978 to 1991. Fans can see an exclusive preview of the new show during the season premieres of The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles on Monday night, starting at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Series originals Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy will return to reprise their roles as dueling brothers J.R. and Bobby. Actress Linda Gray will also return as Sue Ellen. Newcomers to the cast include Jordana Brewster (Fast and Furious franchise), Jesse Metcalfe (Desperate Housewives) and Brenda Strong (Desperate Housewives).
 
"It is incredibly exciting to see both new and familiar characters in the hands of a dream cast," says network exec Michael Wright. "We couldn't be more pleased with how Dallas has come together."

The network has ordered 10 episodes and will premiere the new Dallas next summer. For now, fans can check out news about the show and get behind-the-scenes looks at the production by checking out the new website TNT launched today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Exciting! I see Patrick Duffy on one of the Soaps I watch. I've got to see this.

KathyA said...

How exciting!!! Most of the shows we watch are all on 'alternative' channels. Glad TNT picked this up. No Victoria Principle??

snowelf said...

I was just a tad too young for this show and never got to get all wrapped up in it. I always try to compare it to something I watch now, but I'm not sure there is really any comparison at all. ;)

--snow

Sharon said...

I loved Dallas, I'm going to be glad to see it back. Those too young to remember it don't know how good it was! By the way, when I was pregnant with my son and trying to find a "J" name we both liked, along came actor Jared Martin on Dallas. My son Jared Marshall will be 26 on July 30th, and I still think Jared's the coolest name ever. ;)

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.