Saturday, May 26, 2012

Toe Tapping Tunes of 'The Company Men'

Friday evening I attended a private party in Palm Springs that included live entertainment from a local singing band known as 'The Company Men'. The Company Men have a fresh sound by mashing together six decades of music and adding a dose of their own style. They effortlessly blend Motown, The Four Seasons, Michael Buble, The Temptations with contemporary songs. During the evening I found myself singing along, swaying, and tapping my toes as they crooned their way through the set. The four vocalists Daniel Tatar, Shawn Perucca, Stuart Ambrose and Brian Purcell seem to genuinely enjoy performing; they glide across the stage in a series of well-choreographed dance routines paying homage to the many great bands of the 50's and 60's. Sure, they are easy-on-the-eyes, but they are more than just pretty faces. 
Performing at a private function in Palm Springs
Their vocal ranges and depth showcase their talents, supported by a smooth stage presence and warm connection with their audience. The only complaint I had was their set was too short, as there was another group performing that night. Luckily for me I found their album on iTunes and downloaded a copy when I got home. If you enjoy vocals and appreciate the music of multiple generations, you'll love The Company Men.

No comments:

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.