Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Take the Time

I'll assume you are about as busy as I am. The days-weeks-months-years-decades just seem to fly by. It seems like only yesterday I was 30. Heck it seems like yesterday when I turned 40. Alas, time has a way of escaping us all. Indeed. I often quote Ernest Hemingway who said: "Time is the least thing we have". Whether you are busy raising kids, starting a business, singing in a band, waiting tables, enjoying retirement, searching for a job, or running a mega corporation, time slips away from all of us. It is the great equalizer. So why is it so difficult for us to slow down and appreciate things to live in the moment? My father died when I was quite young. If I learned nothing else from his death, it was the importance of living life to the fullest and appreciating every second that we are alive. That's why I tend to have a certain "joie de vivre". Its why I live in Palm Springs too, I love it here.

Even something small like treating oneself to that glass of champagne once in awhile. What are you waiting for? Go ahead, smile. Have a glass and let the bubbles tickle your nose. Whatever your equivalent to the glass of champagne may be, go for it. The point is, give yourself permission once in awhile to live. If you wait too long, you could be dead. And you wouldn't want that to happen now would you?

1 comment:

grace said...

How coincidental your post today. It is beautiful. Btw.
I received a call about my dear aunt who is in ICU with kidney failure, cancer found and not doing well. She was well a week ago when we spoke. I am on my way to visit. But. Your post is a reminder to live and enjoy. For u never know what each day has in store.
Thank you for your always uplifting musings.
Enjoy!!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.