Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Wouldn't You Rather Be a Left Handed Flea?

Wouldn't you rather be a left handed flea
A crab on a slab on the bottom of the sea
A newt on the root of a banyan tree
Or a fig on a twig in Galilee
Than a man who never learns how to be free
Not til the day
Not til the day 
Not til the day 
Not til the day he dies.
It's easy to free your mind, if you allow it to happen and savor life
There are some really good lessons embedded within the the Broadway musical 'Pippin'. Take these lyrics above, from the song 'Simple Joys', or consider these next lyrics from another song in Pippin "No Time at All"

When you are as old as I, my dear
And I hope that you never are
You will woefully wonder why, my dear 

Through your cataracts and catarrh
 

You could squander away or sequester
A drop of a precious year
For when your best days are yester
The rest'er twice as dear....

 

What good is a field on a fine summer night
When you sit all alone with the weeds?
Or a succulent pear if with each juicy bite
You spit out your teeth with the seeds?
 

Before it's too late stop trying to wait
For fortune and fame you're secure of
For there's one thing to be sure of, mate:
There's nothing to be sure of!

 

Oh, it's time to start livin'
Time to take a little from this world we're given
Time to take time, cause spring will turn to fall
In just no time at all....

 

I've never wondered if I was afraid
When there was a challenge to take
I never thought about how much I weighed
When there was still one piece of cake
 

Maybe it's meant the hours I've spent
Feeling broken and bent and unwell
But there's still no cure more heaven-sent
As the chance to raise some hell

 

Oh, it's time to start livin'
Time to take a little from this world we're given
Time to take time, cause spring will turn to fall
In just no time at all....


So my message today is don't let life pass you by. Savor every single day. Don't be a slave to things that really don't matter, and free your mind of the trivial matters while you are young enough to still enjoy life.  Otherwise you might as well just be a left handed flea. Or a crab on a slab on the bottom of the sea...
 

2 comments:

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.