Influencing for Cause Can Build Your Own Brand Equity
On Saturday I participated in one of the educational sessions as a speaker, co-presenting on the topic of 'Using Your Influence for a Cause'. The session focused on how bloggers can promote causes they are passionate about by leveraging their followers and readers. Here are a few highlights and advice I gave to the attendees of our session:
- Choose causes that are near & dear to you.
- Learn about the cause…volunteer, get involved.
- Use your social presence to help share the message across all platforms, and be consistent with the message.
- Be authentic & genuine. (Authentic conversations have more of an impact on Millennials in particular.)
- Focus on true stories, and leverage other people's content or media, with permission.
- Consider forming strategic partnerships to help magnify your voice.
- Existing followers will be more loyal from your passion.
- New followers will find you more easily.