Monday, March 23, 2009

An Evening with Buddy Greco and Lezlie Anders!

Saturday evening we had a fabulous night out on the town. We went to a place that has quickly become one of the hottest tickets in the Palm Springs area, Buddy Greco's Dinner Club. Founded by the world-renowned artist Buddy Greco and his lovely and talented wife Lezlie Anders, the club is reminiscent of the old supper clubs from the early days of American Jazz dinner clubs across the country. Buddy Greco has recorded 69 albums and 100 singles in jazz, standards and pop format similar to the style of Frank Sinatra or Bobby Darin. This past year he toured with the BBC Big Band performing the great jazz standards. Both Greco and Anders star in the show at their club, an intimate setting that has the energy and feel of a jazz club in Manhattan.

I borrowed this photo below from their website, showing the lounge/bar area:

above: From this photo on their website, here are Buddy Greco and Lezlie Anders enjoying cocktails at their lounge.

above: the club has a wonderful old Hollywood club feel, complete with dramatic black draperies and this fab chandelier....

above: inside the club, the walls are adorned with memorabilia of Buddy Greco's long and illustrious career. On the right wall are album covers from some of Buddy's 69 albums.

above: I took this photo just before the show began. Being the Palm Springs Savant, we had front row seats...

above: before dinner we enjoyed wine amid soft candle light, accented with fresh white roses on the table.
A Delicious Pre-Show Dinner


above: I had Chicken Marsala


above: Cousins Peg and Rich had Osso Buco


above: John had the Salmon, with fresh raspberries

above: and for dessert, chocolate raspberry cake! (Bee it was delicious too)

above: Once the show started, I enjoyed a delicious Pomegranate Martini to get in the mood.
above: the club has great old photos of Buddy Greco, here is is with Dean Martin (left) and with Frank Sinatra (right)
above: These photos are of Buddy Greco with Marilyn Monroe.
above: I didn't snap any photos during the show myself, but this photo is from their website. Lezlie Anders performs with Buddy Greco.
above: a very blurry and disappointing photo of me with Buddy Greco. I'll have to swing by for a new photo sometime...I saw this site of the Buddy Greco fan page. Here is an old clip on You Tube of Buddy Greco singing his siganture song Lady is a Tramp


If you are ever in the Palm Springs area, I recommend a visit to Buddy Greco's Dinner Club, you'll be glad you did.
-Rick Rockhill

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

"a very blurry and disappointing photo of me with Buddy Greco."

C'mon John!! hee hee....

Anonymous said...

I could get behind that osso bucco...LOL

Cool, hip jazz... Buddy Greco was smooth!

Rick Rockhill said...

Ben- actually someone else took that photo who wasn't familiar with my camera settings. ::sigh:: oh well. I can easily remedy that with another visit. Afterall, Buddy Greco is practically my neighbor!

KathyA said...

I haven't heard his name in years!!! My mom actually went to school with him in South Phila--they're from the same neighborhood.

WAT said...

OH WOW.

Look at that Chicken Marsala.

YUM MAN!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

osso buco and cake for me please...please?

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Olivia said...

Oh I am so hungry and if I were in the Palm Springs area I would want to go to every restaurant you have told us about.

BTW, fantastic song - ooh, and risque backless dress!

Cathy, Let's Dance! said...

I'm glad to see you living the glamourous life! Bon Appetite!

Cheryl said...

The first thing I noticed was how tan he is! What a fabulous place. What a long life!

Tea N. Crumpet said...

One of my daughters LOVE Lezlies' SHOES!

If I went to PS, I would go there. I love the Big Band sound and the feel of this place.

Anonymous said...

I think I would like this place a lot! My hubby too.

Biddie said...

This looks like the kind of place that Shawn and i would spend an evening at..Sigh...Someday, maybe :)

Naomi said...

Sounds like a great night out Rick. I love jazz music. The food looks wonderful too

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.