Friday, July 24, 2009
25 Little Known Facts About Me
1. My grandmother has had the biggest influence on my life, she has been the one person who knows just about everything about me.
2. I have long considered myself an Anglophile, to the point that I suspect I may have been a Brit in a prior life.
3. My favorite food groups are pasta, pizza and chocolate- in that order.
4. Life is made better with a good bottle of wine, cheese and a loaf of fresh crusty bread.
5. The greatest peace and tranquility I feel is when I am home in Palm Springs admiring our mountains.
6. My natural father’s death at an early age influenced me to live life to the fullest, and cherish everyday
7. I am a huge fan of the writer Paul Theroux.
8. I hate scary movies, mean-spirited people, snakes and beets.
9. Most people have no idea I had a brief career in politics.
10. I am highly suspicious of anyone who doesn’t like dogs.
11. It is true that I am somewhat of an elitist-- at my very core I believe that every person is better than the next. The trouble is other people don’t share the same confidence in themselves.
12. Call me weird but I admire Abraham Lincoln, St Francis of Assisi, Benjamin Franklin, Margaret Thatcher, Thomas Jefferson…and Captain Jean Luc Picard.
13. I consider myself an enlightened Christian, but I have always been fascinated by the occult.
14. I deeply believe in karma- that every action we take causes a reaction that will affect us at least two fold. Selfishly that’s why I try to do good deeds and be nice to people.
15. I’ve met countless psychics, numerologists, spiritual advisers and astrologers who have all revealed the same trait about me that I only ever revealed to one person.
16. In addition to my public namesake blog, I also write another blog under a fictitious name. It’s my outlet for thought-provoking commentary. It is read by a surprisingly large number of people everyday.
17. I have a rare collection of decorative plates from British monarchs.
18. I am a huge fan of Steve Nicks. I’ve seen her solo concerts 16 times and another 5 times with Fleetwood Mac. I find some of her songs have a transcendental effect and I‘ve never questioned it.
19. I have started writing a book about nothing. It is in my destiny to do so, even if no one ever reads it.
20. Fresh flowers are the one personal luxury I wish I had more of in my life.
21. Cruises are my favorite form of vacation, yet I fear the ocean itself. I wonder if that’s why I like living in the desert so much.
22. So far, I’ve had two defining moments in my life that literally affected the course of my entire life even today- both favorably.
23. If I could have a different profession, it would have been a pastry chef.
24. My top 5 favorite movie series are a) James Bond, b) Star Trek: Next Generation, c) Harry Potter, d) Lord of the Rings and e) The Godfather.
25. I believe our Creator will judge us by the number of people whose lives we positively influenced and enriched while here on Earth.
Do you have anything interesting to reveal?
This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.
It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.
As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.
This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.
No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin . The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.