Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rick's Roadshow: Telluride, Colorado

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I was in Telluride, Colorado to attend their Horror Show Film Fest, specifically for the premiere of a new film I'm helping to promote. Now that's out of the way, I thought it was time for a fresh installment of Rick's Roadshow: Telluride, Colorado. I may not be the most "outdoorsy" type of chap, but I do love nature. Colorado has always been one of my favorite states for its incredible natural beauty. The Rocky Mountains are nothing short of stunning. 
Just take a look at the photos in this post. The Aspen trees were all a golden yellow hue. The gentle breeze caused their perfectly rounded leaves to shimmer and wave in concert, as if they were united in song. It seemed as if everywhere I looked I was reminded of God's divine hand in creating our planet. It was an idyllic weekend get-away spot. I'm delighted to have had a combination of work and pleasure that brought me to this lovely city, nestled high in the mountains. Check out these other photos:
The Aspen trees looked so beautiful along the mountainside.
At 10,000 feet above sea level, breathing was difficult at times. No wonder they have these Oxygen bars.
I was standing in a riverbed, which was low after the summer

Telluride has plenty of cozy & rustic hotels, inns & B&Bs for anyone's taste
at the base of the tram
going up the tram to Mountain Village
the view from the tram back down on Telluride
view from atop Mountain Village.
Me on the tram. Yep, I am happy here.
Grand Finale photo. Sunset on the Aspen trees- Incredible!
My visit to Telluride was wonderful. Incidentally, one evening I had dinner at a great restaurant called Cosmopolitan of Telluride. I highly recommend it should you ever find yourself in Telluride! Stay tuned tomorrow for my horrific journey home....

6 comments:

Karelian Blonde said...

Gorgeous! Especially the view from atop Mountain Village picture made me give out a deep sigh.

Almost a perfect postcard :)

Anonymous said...

Those sunset aspens shine like gold! Beautiful! Colorado is a state I'd love to visit. Never been there...

I'm glad you were happy there... I like to see you smile!

Sharon said...

Oh NO! Another airport/airline story?? I admit, I can't wait to read it!

KathyA said...

BEAUTIFUL AND INCREDIBLE!!! The striations in those rocks in the 2nd photo amaze me! As does that hunk in the first! :)

Jeni said...

Rick -I've said this before, I'm sure (or at least something like it) but you keep on traveling to your heart's content just as long as you take me with you via the beautiful pictures you post of wherever you've been! Look how many places you've shown me here -all over this country and even gone on international tours with you too. Love it!

Tea N. Crumpet said...

Rick! You look great in red-- that is your color! These pics are beautiful!

I adopted a new dog a few weeks ago and thought of you! She is a chow-chow and she looks like a lion cloud! She told me to tell you she says hi to Sheldon :)

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.