Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Macaroni & Cheese: Comfort Food Series Part II

This week brings part two in my series on comfort food. This week is on Macaroni and Cheese!

Quite honestly, I grew up thinking that mac-n-cheese was junk food. All I knew was that it came out of a box from Kraft, and other than cereal, most boxed/prepared foods were never available at home. So it wasn't until adulthood that I branched out and tried mac-n-cheese at an overpriced steakhouse as a side dish. AND I LOVED IT. I never knew the pleasures of this warm, gooey and delicious dish. I confess, I have still never made it from a box. I buy fresh, organic cheddar cheese, and organic pasta elbows. Sometimes I throw in other cheeses for more flavor, but cheddar is my favorite.

So go ahead, treat yourself to some Macaroni and Cheese this week for dinner. And think of me, the Palm Springs Savant as you savor the warm goodness on a cold winter night. Even if you make the boxed kind from Kraft, its still comfort food to me!

And now, for a limited time, I am pleased to include a FREE RECIPE for you to make Mac-n-Cheese right in your own home!


ORGANIC MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
2 cups uncooked elbow organic macaroni
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) organic butter
2 1/2 cups organic Cheddar cheese
2 large free range eggs
1/2 cup organic milk
paprika, for the top

PREPARATION:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
Cook macaroni in boiling salted water, following package directions. Drain well; return to pot.

Shred the Cheddar Cheese and set aside.

Add butter and stir until melted. Add 2 cups of the shredded cheese.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with the milk.

Add the milk mixture to the macaroni. Stir until well combined. Spoon into the greased pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and browned and casserole is cooked through.Serves 4 to 6.
-Rick Rockhill

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Mac & Cheese is a staple around our house!! Welcome to BLOG VILLAGE!!

M- Filer said...

God that looks fucking delicious

Naomi said...

I love Macaroni cheese (homemade variety!). It's so quick and easy to make too. Thanks for stopping by my blog Rick. Welcome to Blog Village.

Anonymous said...

three words: yum, yum, yum

Anonymous said...

de-licious post. Wish you had scratch n sniff!!!

The Bass Player's Wife said...

Ooooo... I have not ever used egg in mine. It makes sense, though.

I am going to be trying your recipe, with the addition of some bread crumbs on top. In my book, it isn't mac and cheese without breadcrumbs on
top.

about a boy said...

god i love mac and cheese!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.