Saturday, February 10, 2007

Westminster Dog Show Weekend

This weekend I'm in NY for the Westminster Dog Show. I'm staying at the Waldorf-Astoria, a grand old hotel with a lot of history. There is a big clock in the center of the lobby with a gold Statue of Liberty on top (see pic below left).

The hotel is brimming with activity from Fashion Week(by the way I have no idea what that means) There are tons of tall skinny models walking around totally self absorbed...
But back to the dog show...


Below: Friends Mark and Candy having a laugh over a glass of wine at the Waldorf...

Below: The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show guide book and very cool poster

On Saturday evening I attended the 52nd Annual ShowDog Awards, as a guest of Pro Plan dog food. (Pro Plan is an excellent super premium dog food made by the folks at Nestle-Purina PetCare. Popular with breeders and owners of show dogs, Pro Plan has a great reputation within the Dog Show community.) The Show Dog Awards event was first rate, or as I like to say: "Top Drawer".
Below: The giant ice sculpture of the award statue, and below right, the actual award statues...they resembe the Oscar Awards!

After a sumptous dinner, they served these excellent desserts- a sort of mocha mousse with a white chocolate dog sitting on top.

Bill Cosby is a show dog owner and won two awards. Daughter Erinn Cosby was present to accept the awards, along with the team of breeders, and handlers. Bill Cosby spoke to the audience via video, with one of his dogs.

Below: Pro Plan friends Mark, Candy and Ernie after the awards dinner

Below: Other top Show Dog Award winners.

- Rick Rockhill

1 comment:

Style Dictator said...

Hi Rick! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the lovely comment you left...
I totally see your point about the D&Gabbana dress...

BTW, your post reminded me of Borat visiting a dog contest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXJdLSPsy4g)

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.