Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rick's Roadshow: Italy Day 1: Bologna

Welcome to another edition of Rick's Roadshow. I'm taking a few days off from work to pop over to Italy for a quick trip. It's a combination of a personal and business trip; I'll start off attending Zoomark, a major pet industry trade show and conference held in Bologna. I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze in some time for sight seeing! Then we head to Rome for a few days. Short and sweet. Of all the time I've spent in Italy, I've never been to Bologna, so this will be a new adventure. We're flying into Rome and taking a train to Bologna, which should be a fun experience. I consulted our friends at Wikipedia for a few tidbits about this northern city in Italy. Bologna is the home of the oldest university in the Western world, "Alma Mater Studiorum", which was founded in 1088. Surprisingly, Bologna is one of the most developed cities in Italy. It ranks as one of the top cities in Italy for quality of life, due to its wide range of well developed social services, and ideal location at the crossing-point of the most important highways and railways in the country." (source: Wikipedia)
Here is a handy map of Italy. Look to the north to find Bologna:

So stay tuned for another edition of Rick's Roadshow: Bologna. You can bet your sweet bippy that I'll be blogging from Italy!
-Signore Ricardo Rockhill

9 comments:

KathyA said...

Ciao!! I'm jealous!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Can't wait to 'travel' along with you. Have a great time!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh you lucky duck! i have a dear dear blogger friend there!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

RhodesTer said...

Whereas the first two lines of my post today would be..

"Welcome to another edition of Rhodester's Roadshow. I'm taking a few minutes off from work to pop out to the parking lot and empty the trash."

A charmed life indeed, dost thou lead.

Sheila said...

I loved visiting Bologna. We spent about a week there, taking day trips to Venice and Florence. Have a glass of Prosecco for me! Buona notte.

grace said...

bongiorno! (sp?) anyway.... you lucky bugger you. Enjoy. :) xo

Unknown said...

Rick, hi.. have a great trip..while there see if you can get a copy or two of the Italy IYA 2009 stamps.. (International Year of Astonomy) Nice stamps me thinks

http://europa-stamps.blogspot.com/2009/04/italy-2009.html

best wishes safe and enjoyable travels... Michael cddstamps

Karelian Blonde said...

Ciao! Looking forward to your Italian reports :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful destination! :)

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.