Friday, June 5, 2009

Philatelic Friday: SUP-ER Heroes Stamps

After taking a few weeks off from my Philatelic Friday series, it returns today with a dynamic installment featuring Super Heroes. Or perhaps I should say it in a loud booming and dramatic voice "SUP-ER HEROES". I thought that with all the nagging economic news, we all could use an heroic effort to boost spirits and public mood. There's nothing quite like the battle of good versus evil, when the super hero saves the day and returns order to the world. If only we had a super hero to fix things. At least we have them on stamps. (Although that doesn't seem to have helped the Post Office much). For those of you who are comic book geeks I hope you thoroughly enjoy this post.


above: Captain America
above: Iron Man

above: Spider Woman (wow she looks angry...I wonder what that means)
above: Good old Superman. A true American hero.
Happy Philatelic Friday all!
-Rick Rockhill

5 comments:

jackie said...

who knew there were super hero figure on postage stamps. fun post today.

kenju said...

I like the art work on the stamps; it connotes power and speed.

grace said...

very well done stamps this group. and yeah , what is up with Spiderwoman? lol
Have you ever used 'Wag Hotels', I made a reservation for this month, I hear they are good, but never from someone I know. Just curious, or maybe you know of someone who has used their hotel? I don't trust my girls to just anyone!

have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea these existed!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I didn't realize they made all these dofferent stamps honoring our Comic Book Hero's....That is AMAZING!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.