Thursday, January 22, 2015

Designs by Shanghai Tang

While shopping in Hong Kong recently, an upscale fashion brand called Shanghai Tang caught my eye, and has quickly become something of a small obsession of late. It all happened because of this black leather blazer. The Mandarin collar, elegant styling perfectly tailored, and nice detailing like purple silk lining made me fall in love with totally unnecessary article of clothing. It was
Here's how it looks on me!
beyond what I would have typically permitted myself as an impulsive indulgence. I found myself texting photos to friends asking their opinions, but within 24 hours I had returned to purchase the blazer. The store I returned to was a larger retail location with a huge men's department, and also a wonderful home furnishing section. After choosing a few dress shirts, ten polo shirts, two rugby shirts I thought
I have this in every color
I had done enough damage...until I saw this.


My eyes met these wonderful dragon bookends and I was powerless to resist. In Chinese lore, the dragon is believed to bring protection, fortune, strength and power to a family. I have a thing for dragons, my home is filled with them, so what's one more dragon themed item, I told myself. Soon they too were in my shopping bag. As I continued to look around the store, I was completely enthralled by the designs and decided that Shanghai Tang is my favorite new brand. I can hardly wait to return to Hong Kong to do more damage here...I just may need to check out their only US retail store location at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Miami. I'll keep you posted if I get there before I'm back in HK. In the meantime, check out their website to see for yourself why I like this brand so much. 

2 comments:

KathyA said...

Rick, So good to hear from you! And, yes, the dragons are exquisite as is the jacket.

I sense there is a story to the 'free spirit'. Whenever you're ready.

Maggie Moo said...

I am SO thrilled to see you! I've thought about you now and then over the years and often wondered how you are. I'm so happy to see your smiling face! You still have the best taste-looking good!

I hope we get to see more of you. You do so light up our lives!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.