Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Funny Friends...


I recently attended a benefit for a non-profit animal rescue group, held at a comedy club in West Hollywood. It was a night of big laughs, with the help of some really funny comedians, including Lily Tomlin, Paula Poundstone, JoAnne Worley, Dick Van Patten, Arte Johnson, Gary Owens, Billy Barnes, Peter Berman, Debra Skelton, Carrie Snow, Suzanne Whang, and Rainn Wilson. It was a great night and raised a bunch of money for animals in need. We paused for a few photos- I love this one picture above with JoAnne Worley, Lily Tomlin and Dick Van Patten, all really nice people and friends of animals in need too. Paula Poundstone brought the house down with her incredible wit and great jokes. I had forgotten how funny she can be. The event also reunited the cast of TV's Laugh-In and had the audience roaring. Lily did a few bits such as "Ernestine, the telephone company operator", and also reprised her hysterical "Lucille the Rubber Freak" skit, during which I nearly busted the seams of my trousers I was laughing so hard. Lily is one funny lady. I love going to things like this, its clean fun entertainment, it's surprisingly hard to find anymore.
-Rick Rockhill

8 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

I'm glad you had a great time-your jacket is FANTASTIC!!!

lime said...

how much fun is that! i was weaned on "laugh-in" and still love the show. i've been told my laugh sounds like joanne worleys, which tickles me no end.

grace said...

what a terrific photo. The night sounds histerical. I love good clean fun and laughter.:)

KathyA said...

It IS surprisingly hard to find clean fun anymore. Crude stuff gets laughs, but the really funny intricate stuff shows talent.

Jeni said...

Paula Poundstone and Lily Tomlin - two of the greatest comediennes ever! Haven't seen much of either of them for a long, long time now though. And whatever the reason for that is, I really don't know except that it's a shame as they both gave us some fantastic comedy over the years. (Loved Laugh-in and still remember many of the skits on that shot -Arte Johnson, Ruth Buzzi, and of course, Flip Wilson as Ernestine. And "Here comes the judge!"

Sheila said...

I watched Laugh-In and loved it! Great photo.

Diane J Standiford said...

Lily Tomlin is a treasure. I have loved her since I was very young. I would love to see her in a new TV show. I would love coffee with Jane and Lily.

Desert Songbird said...

I've loved Lily Tomlin since Laugh-In, but she was terrific in The West Wing and Desperate Housewives, too. Talented lady.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.