Friday, May 4, 2007

Panama Cruise, Day 17: Full Day at Sea

As we started to sail up the coast of North America, we had two full days at sea ahead of us, with no sight of land until Sunday. These waters are considerably rougher compared to the calm, serene Caribbean Sea. I am fascinated by the power of the sea…check out these photos:

This morning I attended a Cooking Show, with the Executive Chef, Thomas Ulrich and the Maitre D’Hotel Rui Pereira. They prepared several delicious dishes, although the lighting wasn’t great so these are the only photos worth sharing:

After the cooking show, I went on a brief tour of the galley (kitchens), which was pretty cool. The crew had a few fruit carvings on display in the kitchen, which were kind of fun:

Shortly after I saw the most incredible desserts I have ever witnessed.
At 3:00 PM, I attended the long anticipated Maitre D’ Club wine tasting, which featured only premium, high end wines. The moment I was seated I knew it would be a nice event. We were immediately served Verve Cliquot Champagne, with chocolate-dipped strawberries. There were excellent canapés served to complement the outstanding wines that were featured in this tasting.

This evening was a formal night, so I was dressed in my tux and ready to enjoy another sensational dinner in the formal dining room. It was Lobster, Beef Wellington and for dessert, Baked Alaska. They had the traditional “parade of waiters” carrying the flaming Baked Alaska around the entire dining room.


Photos above: John and me, our waitress Gabriella and her assistant Traisan, and the "Parade of Waiters" carrying the flaming Baked Alaska.
Photos above: Our Baked Alaska arrived in perfect condition, Gabriella extinguishes the flame and prepares to serve us.

-Rick Rockhill
Welcome CruiseCritic.com members!

No comments:

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.