Saturday, May 5, 2007
The Saturday Seven: Best Reasons to Take a Cruise
1. Hassle free travel- Once you check in, they handle everything for you. You prepay for the cruise. On board you charge any extras using your room card, so you never deal with cash or need a wallet. Depending on the cruise line, all you need to pay for is the daily automatic gratuity fee and anything you purchase (alcohol, photos, gift shops, spa services, etc).
2. Personal Room Steward- Twice per day room service, from someone with a vested interest in making you happy. Tip a little up front and you are well taken care of. Tip well at the end to show your gratitude.
3. Excellent Food- Whether you prefer being in the dining room or going to the buffet, it’s a great deal if you enjoy eating. Free room service 24 hours a day, and dine outside on your private balcony if you like.
4. Great Entertainment- Nightly live stage shows, comedians, singers, movies, dancing, lounges, DJs/nightclubs and more. A great place to meet interesting people and make new friends.
5. Exciting Ports of Call- Depending on what you book, cruises are a great way to see the world. Think of it as a way to “sample” different places to decide if you ever want to go back.
6. Activities on Board- No matter what your interests are, there is something for everyone: Casino, Fitness center, Spa, Boutiques, lectures, games, trivia, group activities, sports and all kinds of traditional corny cruise stuff too.
7. Relaxation- Most cruise ships have multiple pools, hot tubs, saunas, poolside bars, and lots of places to sneak off and relax with a good book.
Bonus reason: Great, Personalized Service- The ship’s crew are usually all very eager to please. Most receive a very modest salary or none at all, so they rely on tips from passengers. I’ve found everyone to be very pleasant, attentive and willing to do whatever it takes to make your experience enjoyable.
This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.
It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.
As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.
This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.
No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin . The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.