Saturday, May 12, 2007
The Saturday Seven: Chinese Funny Fortunes and Prudent Proverbs
My fortune cookie inspired me to write another scintillating edition of the Saturday Seven: Chinese Funny Fortunes and Prudent Proverbs. However, in an effort to offer some redeeming value to reading this blog, this week I've decided to include two sets of Saturday Seven lists ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE to you, the reader!
The Saturday Seven: "Chinese Funny Fortunes" Presented by Dr Sidney Wang
1. Man who fart in church sit in own pew
2. Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.
3. Man who run behind car get exhausted. Man who run in front of car get tired
4. Passionate kiss like spider web - soon lead to undoing of fly.
5. A closed mouth gathers no feet.
6. There is no mistake so great as that of being always right
7. Man who eat crackers in bed wake up feeling crummy
Bonus Funny Fortune: Man with one chopstick go hungry
And now for some redeeming value to you...
The Saturday Seven: Chinese Prudent Proverbs
1. He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever
2. A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood
3. A day of sorrow is longer than a month of joy
4. The wise adapt themselves to circumstances, as water moulds itself to the pitcher
5. You can hardly make a friend in a year, but you can easily offend one in an hour.
6. Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
7. The wise adapt themselves to circumstances, as water moulds itself to the pitcher
Bonus Proverb: A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man made perfect without trials
chinese fortune cookies
This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.
It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.
As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.
This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.
No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin . The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.