A FEW MORE SHIP FACTS & INFO
While there are newer vessels in the Princess fleet, the Sun Princess is still a nice ship. I thought I’d mention a few more useless and fascinating facts about the Sun Princess ship that I have called home for the past 18 days.
* Built in Italy in 1998 at a cost of over $350 million
* To my surprise, this ship carries a museum-class art collection valued at nearly $3 million, a portion of which has been profiled on this blog.
* Runs on 4 diesel engines with 44.5 megawatt capacity, 28 megawatt propulsion and cruises at a maximum speed of 21 knots
* The crew wash over 51,000 dishes and 17,000 glasses PER DAY
* Prepare over 6,000 pounds of beef, pork, lamb, veal, poultry, shellfish and seafood combined, PER DAY
* Utilize over 1,000 pounds of flour PER DAY
* Use 9,000 fresh eggs PER DAY
* Serve 5,000 pounds of fresh fruits PER DAY
Although I'm happy to be back home in Palm Springs and see the dog and cat, I know I will miss being at sea this week (maybe the first night I need to cook dinner). Now that I have completed an 18 day cruise, I think I can easily handle a 30 day journey somewhere...it’s just that pesky job that gets in the way of my social life and vacation schedule!
Thanks for reading my travel blog. Tomorrow I'm planning a brief summary with a few highlights and family photos too!
Welcome CruiseCritic.com members!