Thursday, February 17, 2011

Best in Show: Westminster Dog Show Final Night

Tuesday evening was a night of surprises and excitement at the Westminster Dog Show.  I've spent the past five days in New York in various events and activities around the dog show for business, but I truly enjoy the experience as well. I'm sort of old school with this dog show in that I like to dress up for the evening show and mix and have fun. I wore my poodle cuff links (see photo below), even though none of the poodles placed for their groups on Monday night. Still, I wore them to show my enthusiasm for the breed that are so closely embedded in my life.
My Poodle cuff-links, I just love 'em!

















Tuesday night featured Sporting, Working, Terrier Groups followed by Best in Show. (Monday was Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting and Herding Groups). I must admit, I had my eye on the Scottish Deerhound from the very start, but I didn't expect him to win. I had picked the Bearded Collie or Pekingese for some reason. Needless to say I was thrilled with the judge's pick.
judges in the ring with the new Best in Show
Judge Paolo Dondina of Monterchi, Italy pictured here with his Best in Show pick GCH Foxcliffe Hickory Wind, a 5 year old Scottish Deerhound.
As a representative of my employer, Natural Balance Pet Foods at the show, I was also Tweeting live from Madison Square Garden, using the Twitter hashtags #WKC and #WestminsterDogShow in all my Tweets. I was also happy to participate in an online fundraiser with a Twitter social media network organized under the #PawPawty hashtag. The special tag for Tuesday night was #WKCPawPawty to benefit Save A Pet rescue in Grayslake, IL. It was great social media comradery too!
 
As a live correspondent at the show, this PSA was recorded for the good folks at BarkWorld Expo
For those of you who followed along with all the Tweeting and live coverage, we sure had fun! It was a unique experience for us all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the sweet hound on the news yesteday. You can just feel Hickory's presence. Definitely best of show!

KathyA said...

Interesting looking dog -- those paws are really neat.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.