Wednesday, February 9, 2011

No Kitchen, No Problem!



Well I still don't have a functioning kitchen yet. I arrived back home last night  with my fingers crossed, hoping that something would be working. The remodel is progressing fine, but just not with any appliances or working sinks. No kitchen?  No Problem! It certainly means no cooking yet for me. That meant another night of dining out. It was off to my favorite spot in Palm Springs for dinner, Melvyn's restaurant at the Ingleside Inn. I've been there rather frequently since my kitchen remodel work began. So much so that the waiter greeted me by name and asked if I wanted the Chicken Pot Pie even before he handed me the menu. I suppose I am a creature of habit, but really, am I that predictable? Brian, the Maitre' D at Melvyn's asked about the kitchen remodel. He joked that he was going to call my contractor to ask them to go slower so I'd continue coming back for dinner next week too! At any rate it was another delicious meal. Tomorrow is a new day, and that brings fresh hope of appliances and sinks. A boy can dream.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I've been there... Remodeling is not fun... Well, the outcome is fun, but the "getting there" isn't.

Just keep focused on the new kitchen. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Hugs!

kenju said...

I'd love a new kitchen, but I also love eating out!

KathyA said...

Funny! Thanks for including the photo -- can't wait to see it when it's done.

Just found out our star out there may be extended a few days because of work.

So you think we should try Melvyn's when we're in PS?

Diane J Standiford said...

Pot Pie...I wish Swanson's knew ME by name. hahahaha
Steel kitchen, Chef Rick.

lime said...

hahah, i remember having a surprise spontaneous kitchen remodel when pipes burst in my old kitchen. i was 8 months pregnant with a huge baby. i informed my husband there would be only microwaved dinners or eating out until i had a functioning kitchen. it sped the process along considerably.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.