Monday, September 8, 2008

Adventures of Sheldon: My Birthday Birthday Card

For my birthday, my mom sent me one of those Hallmark cards that plays music when you open it. The front of the card has a theatre with an opera singer on stage. The sentiment of the card says: "It's Your Birthday" (then continues to the inside) "Make a Big Production of It" (She knows me all too well). The music that plays is "The Ride of the Valkyries, by composer Richard Wagner so it is a big, bold, dramatic tune. When I first opened the card I didn't realize it played music and it startled me at first. Much to my surprise, it startled young Sheldon even more than me. The first time he heard the card, his head whipped around toward the sound. He stared at the card, perked his ears up and tilted his head in curiosity. So of course, I made a game of it and kept opening and closing the musical card to watch his reaction to the card. Being the smart poodle that he is, he now has fun reacting to the card. So today I caught his reaction on video, I hope you enjoy this "Adventures of Sheldon" mini episode:

Oh and Happy Birthday to me...today is my 40th! Unfortunately, neither Sheldon, Koshimi or Owen can have any cake, but they will get a treat of their own instead!

-Rick Rockhill

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, kiddo! I'd write you a letter but I can't spell, "phfffffffft!" ~:o)


*I turned the double nickel in July. It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

*Hugs!*

Cheryl said...

This is a milestone! I passed that one and the next. Time flies, right? Your early celebration sounded wonderful and I loved the card. Happy Birthday Rick!

Michael Colvin said...

My cat goes mad at my mobile phone tune. Happy 40th Rick!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh how cute that video is!!! happy birthday my friend, and many many more! now i want cake!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Desert Songbird said...

Ha! I think it's so funny when dog's go nuts over the smallest things: an oscillating fan, a laser pointer, now a musical birthday card. Sheldon looks so adorable.

Oh, and BTW...Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, you young'un you.

Maggie Moo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK!!!!!

I hope your day is filled with joy. :)

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

happy birthday to a very young looking 40year old!

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! the cake looks Yummy! I hope you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

40? You're just a baby!

I love your sheldon stories
Hope it was the bestest birthday ever!

P.L. Frederick said...

Happy birfday, Savant! It's your big day and you give us a cute video of the puff-n-tuff. Thankee muchly! Happy 40!

lime said...

oh man, i am right behind you in the big 4-0 (next month) i hope you have a wonderful birthday, rick. looks like it is off to a terrific start!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Rick, and Many More! See you soon! -Ray and Ann

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Happy Birthday to ya! Nice cake!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.