Wouldn't everyone like to know the future? Or at least sometimes to have an inkling of what cometh? Should I take that job or not? Should I start this business now or next year? What should I do about _____?
Its human nature to want to guidance or ask questions. Some people pray, and believe they get answers from their Creator. Some people also like to use other methods-their "gut instinct", a friend's advice, or other spiritual methods such as divination or the occult. By the way, the term "occult" does not necessaility mean evil things. In my opinion, its OK for a person who subscribes to an organized religious faith to also seek guidance from the Tarot, for example. Maybe THAT's how God can speak to you. Some people pray to God for answers, which is fine, but if they'd see a psychic, maybe that's a method God could communicate the answer more easily, rather than sending the answer on a grilled cheese sandwich, or carved in a tree somewhere!
Of course, there are many methods of divination and fortune-telling. I've always been fascinated by The Tarot, specifically the Rider-Waite Tarot deck.
This meme is seeking your thoughts, so let's get this rolling:
- Have you ever used, or met someone who uses Tarot cards?
- If so, what kind of Tarot cards do you prefer? (Rider-Waite, Abyssal, etc)
- Ever had a crazy "Oh My God" moment or interaction with the Tarot?
- What do you think is the luckiest card?
- What other methods of divination do you prefer? Tea leaves, palm reading, crystal ball?
This blog posting will be participating in the "Bestest Blog Meme Carnival" hosted by Mimi at http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com
- Rick Rockhill