Thursday, January 18, 2007

Salt Lake City

On Tuesday I traveled to Salt Lake City, Utah on a business trip to inspect and tour a dog food plant in Ogden. It was SO COLD there. Ice crystals formed on all of the car windows and it hurt to breathe. But the Utah Mountains, covered in what looked like oozing marshmallow fluff were really quite picturesque. Lucky for me, I anticipated the Wintry Weather and dug out my hat, gloves, scarf and sweaters. Aside from the fact that I shivered the whole time I was in Utah (even while sleeping) I enjoyed the trip.
I won't get into the long boring story of the inspection and tour of the dog food facility, but plant tours are interesting and you always learn something new. If you have ever had trouble falling asleep pondering the great mysteries of the universe, no doubt one of the mysteries may have been, "I wonder what 15,000 pounds of dog biscuits actually look like? Well ponder no longer. I am pleased to share the answer with you, right here on this humble web log. (see above right)






Mid day on Wednesday we took a break from the exhausting plant tour schedule and stopped for lunch. We ate at a place called "Union Station", a cafe at an old restored train station in Ogden that still had several cool old trains...









Before we headed back to the airport Wednesday night, we stopped off for dinner at a great restaurant in Salt Lake City called Faustina, located at 454 East 300 South. If you are ever in the area, check it out. the food was delicious.

-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.