Saturday, January 20, 2007

Stevie Nicks and her Welsh Witch Music

I decided it was about time for me to add a post for my favorite singer, Stevie Nicks.
I've seen Stevie in concert at least a dozen times and she never disappoints her extremely loyal fan base. I always found myself enchanted by her performances, inexplicably drawn in and seemingly in a trance as she sings. Twirling around in her signature boots, lace shawls and using a microphone festooned with ribbons, she commands the full attention and admiration of the crowd.
A long running member of Fleetwood Mac, she is also an amazing solo rocker-chick with a great story of survival and success. I have scores of Stevie Nicks stories -far too many to mention here, but suffice to say she remains a fun part of me that makes me smile from within. Two of the most amazing songs for me are "Edge of Seventeen" and "Rhiannon".
Below: Ah...so many reasons to like Stevie Nicks...From "Vamp" to "Tramp"...

Below...and from "Rich" to "Witch"

The albums: Bella Donna, Wild Heart, Rock A Little

Street Angel, Other Side of the Mirror, Timespace

Trouble in Shangri-La, Enchanted, Planets of the Universe

Below: Rhiannon, the Welsh Goddess, inspiration for several Stevie songs...

3 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

Great post. Came here via your submission to Bestest Blog. Hope to see you here tomorrow. I like your site as well. Could we exchange links?

Thanks,
Mimi Lenox

P.S. I love Stevie Nicks

Anonymous said...

thanks, man! I noted your very interesting Palm Springs site on my StmbleOn page--a way thumbs up.

best,
Ian

Kena said...

"she remains a fun part of me that makes me smile from within"
I love love love this, so very true!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.