Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Saturday Seven: Best Movie Quotes

After a long stressful and exhausting week dealing with the pet food recall at work, I decided to keep this post fairly simple. I am somewhat of a classic movie buff, so I couldn't resist a dose of Hollywood. So without further delay, I present this week's installment of:
The Saturday Seven: Best Movie Quotes
1. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE, 1962: BLANCHE HUDSON (Joan Crawford): "You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I wasn't in this chair."- Jane (Bette Davis): "But ya AAH Blanche, ya AAH in that chair!"

2. GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES, 1953: LORELEI LEE (Marilyn Monroe): Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help?

3. THE GODFATHER: PART II, 1974: MICHAEL CORLEONE (Al Pacino): "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

4. SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, 1991: DR. HANNIBAL LECTER (Anthony Hopkins): "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

5. SUNSET BOULEVARD, 1950: NORMA DESMOND (Gloria Swanson): "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

6. ALL ABOUT EVE, 1950: MARGO CHANNING (Bette Davis): "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

7. AUNTIE MAME, 1958: MAME DENNIS (Rosalind Russell): "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

And this week a Bonus Quote, at NO EXTRA CHARGE!!!
GRAND HOTEL, 1932: GRUSINSKAYA (Greta Garbo): "I want to be alone."
- Rick Rockhill

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Godfather movies were such a great series..they hold up even today. You could do a whole saturday seven Godfather movie quotes alone!

Lisa Braithwaite said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Rick. I'm always looking for good quotes for my blog and other writing, so thanks for posting these. I recently saw Sunset Boulevard for the first time, and that is one sad ending.

Winterskiprincess said...

First, cool list. You touched on some of my favorite classic movies:)

Second, you poor thing having to deal with the food recall. I have heard that Walmart employees have been swamped as well:(

I am a dog trainer, and I sympathize completely. What a disaster, huh?

Winterskiprincess said...

Awesome seven. Baby Jane and All About Eve, those are two of my favorite classic movies (as I go for Horror or the weird).

I feel for your pet food recall horrors. I have been hearing Wal Mart employees are suffering as well.

I am a dog trainer, and I fully sympathize with the predicament. What a distaster, huh?

The StogiEvangelist said...

I remember seeing Baby Jane when I was a kid. Creeped me out for weeks.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.