Saturday, April 28, 2007
The Saturday Seven: Best Ways to Relax
Earlier today I made the mistake of checking a few work e-mails from the ship. As I read, I was getting tense and stressed out it all. Fortunately I caught myself and immediately slammed the laptop closed and walked away-after all, I am on vacation. As I reflected on the tension of that moment, I remembered all the millions of others still working somewhere out there and stressed out. This brings me to another edition of The Saturday Seven: Best Ways to Relax
1. Drink a glass of wine- I consume a glass of red wine strictly for medicinal purposes, of course
2. Treat yourself to a bowl of ice cream- it brings you back to the innocence of childhood.
3. Get a Massage- You’d be surprised how tense you are. The therapist will tell you too!
4. Pet a Dog- If you don’t have one, go adopt one. Dogs are better than people and love you unconditionally.
5. Take an Afternoon Nap- You’d be surprised how much a power nap does to recharge the brain and body
6. Go for a long walk- Preferably alone. Just listen to your own body and concentrate on the walking.
7. Get a fish tank- Even a single Betta Fish will do the trick. Believe it or not, there have been medical studies that watching a fish tank helps reduce stress. Doctors actually recommend them for patients who’ve had heart surgery.
Bonus item: Drink a frozen tropical drink while listening to steel drum music- Need I say more?
This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.
It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.
As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.
This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.
No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin . The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.