Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Postcards from Palm Springs

"The Season" in Palm Springs is in full swing, with scores of snowbirds starting their descent into our fair desert community, just like clock work. Our winter residents come primarily from the Pacific Northwest & Canada, but we do attract some Mid-Westerners too. Of course one of the things I notice right away are the cars with out of state license plate, but the Canadian accents are also fun to hear being spoken up and down Palm Canyon Drive. So why does our little desert community attract so many visitors and winter residents? Checkout these e-cards that I borrowed from Palm Springs.org. Enjoy the show!



-Rick Rockhill

3 comments:

KathyA said...

Looks fantastic to me now and it's not yet cold here!!
Palm Springs is on our 'must visit' list. We'll wait for off-season, though.

Diane J Standiford said...

LOL I used to close accounts for snowbirds all the time, never did I get a post card(and I need one in Seattle!) THANKS!

Karelian Blonde said...

Looks good! If I win the lottery, I'll be over in a second :)

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.