Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tracie Hotchner, Author and Talk Show Host

Many of you know I've been working in the pet industry for quite awhile. In fact over the past 13 years I've had the opportunity to work with a number of truly interesting people. For example, folks like Harrison Forbes, host of the syndicated radio show Pet Talk and author of pet book Dog Talk. Or Andi Brown, author of The Whole Pet Diet and founder of Halo, Purely for Pets. Or recently when I was a guest on Marc Marrone's show "Petkeeping" on the Martha Stewart Living channel, he was an interesting figure. Right now I have the opportunity to work with Tracie Hotchner, author of the Dog Bible and Cat Bible, who is also host of radio shows "Dog Talk" on NPR and "Cat Chat" on Martha Stewart Living Radio at Sirius/XM radio. Tracie is an interesting person with a terrific personality, and she also is very knowledgeable about dogs and cats. I've started listening to Tracie's radio program after having read her Dog Bible book. If you aren't familiar with Tracie, check out her website, or listen to her radio show on Sirius XM Radio. Maybe I can have one of these folks write a guest blog entry here one day with some pet advice for you. I enjoy reading these kinds of books and getting to know people within the pet industry like Tracie and others who help people learn about caring for animals. Do you have any favorite pet books or authors? I'd love to hear from you, maybe one day I'll write my own book about the pet industry or animal nutrition!
Here are the books by two of my other famous author friends:


If you are looking for a few good pet books, these are all some of my favorites. And if you ever want an personalized, autographed copy, just let me know.
-Rick Rockhill

3 comments:

grace said...

good reading

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I recently read "bliss to you" by Trixie Koontz and "a big little life" by Dean Koontz. I enjoyed both books. Would love to read posts on caring for pets.

WAT said...

Thanks for the book recommendations. Doggies are awesome.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.