Monday, July 16, 2007

Rick's Roadshow: Georgetown, Washington DC

Sunday was a beautiful day in Georgetown. Despite that it was 85 degrees and humid, it was a perfect day to explore this quaint neighborhood in Washington DC. I decided to go to church with my friend Sean who is visiting from London. We went to the 10:00 AM service at Grace Church in lower Georgetown. Being Episcopalian I always enjoy visiting our churches whenever the opportunity presents itself. The church was built in 1866 and had beautiful grounds. it had the most beautiful pipe organ, and also a harpsichord, which is one of my favorite instruments. I dutifully sang my hymns, which put me in a great mood.

Above: The exterior of Grace Episcopal Church in Georgetown.

Above: The huge pipe organ inside Grace Church, it sounded great. After church we went for brunch and then walked around, exploring the M Street NW and Wisconsin Ave areas.

My photos are hard to see the detail, but I liked the row houses, and hanging flowers all along the streets.

I love all the little side streets and cozy areas to stop for a coffee or to shop. On Sunday morning there was a little jazz band playing outside, so it was a perfect place to relax over a muffin and the newspaper.

Above: There are so many colorful buildings and public murals that give Georgetown it's character.
Above: Francis Scott Key Park (he wrote the Star Spangled Banner)
Above: The Jefferson Memorial- I forgot to post this photo yesterday. I saw it when I was doing all the tourist things. It is really quite beautiful.
.
Day 5 was a relaxing way to wind down my first 5 day trip. I flew back home late Sunday evening. On Wednesday I start another 5 day trip. So Rick's Roadshow shall return...
-Rick Rockhill

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cafe's in Georgetown. Looks like you had a good time. Aren't you tired from all that travel?

Mone said...

I just LOVE all those pictures! Georgetown looks like a good place to live.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

What a cute little church! And here I was wondering if you were going to drop in at the National Cathedral. (Stunning place, if you haven't seen it!)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

lovin' your travels!

smiles, bee

Rick Rockhill said...

Bunnygirl- It was a toss-up between the National Cathedral and Grace Church!

Bee- it's been a fun week of travels. Back at work today, but on the road again on Wednesday...stay tuned!

jillie said...

I love how clean and pristine everything looks. The colors are magnificent. That was one of the things I had noticed when I was in Ireland. They all had bright trimmings and doors. I love color....

Great photo's...now I REALLY want to go back!!

Save journeys to ya ;o)

Canadian flake said...

Loved the pics....they were beautiful. You have got quite an eye. Don't forget your camera on the next road trip...I will be watching for more pics of your travels..

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

the mo show is tomorrow night!

smiles, bee

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.