Friday, August 20, 2010

BarkWorld Expo in Atlanta, GA

Today I'm in Atlanta, Georgia attending the Bark World Expo. It is billed as "The World's Largest Pet Social Media and Conference & Exposition" Who am I to argue, it sure seems impressive to me! I'm psyched to be here attending and participating. I'm also honored to be presenting at a session on Saturday at the conference. I enjoy speaking at conferences; it comes easy to me and I enjoy the opportunity to meet other folks within the industry. My session today is co-presented by Natalie Malaszenko, Director of Social Media and Commerce at www.petco.com. Our topic is "Making Money in Social Media" one which we hope will be of interest to the attendees in session. Natalie and I worked together for a few years when I was still at petco. Together we executed several really awesome social media projects, including the launch of the Generation Natural Pet social site, and the huge PR effort round last year's Natural Balance Rose Parade Float with Tillman, the skateboarding bulldog. It was at that event when we learned how to really promote and sell pet products, such as Tillman's Training Treats. Natalie and I work well together, and although I now work for Natural Balance Pet Foods, she and I have plenty of opportunities to partner on more industry leading social media programs.

During our session Saturday at BarkWorld Expo, we'll dispel some of the common myths, understand how to break through the clutter of competition, understand trends driving pet social media, and share examples of how to make money with event marketing and social media. Perhaps after the conference is over I'll share a few tidbits here, but for now, it is all being reserved for those who are attending the conference. I'll have more from the Barkworld Expo tomorrow, or for now you can follow me on Twitter.
-Rick Rockhill

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool that you can still work with old colleagues with your new job...

So you missed the quake this morning being in Atlanta. Stay cool, it's hot down there. HUGS!

Unknown said...

It was wonderful presenting with you! Well done, too, Rick! I think the crowd really appreciated your perspective.

KathyA said...

This is a presentation that would be germane to those outside your industry as well, I bet.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.