Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happiness is a State of Mind...

Sometimes life is like a fancy chocolate dessert: a rich experience, delicious and creamy and makes you smile broadly. (ok that sounded way too corny). You see, I'm counting my blessings here on the old blog. I'm at a great time in my life and I've never been so happy. Let me see...work is wonderful, I love where I live, my pets are just so much fun and bring me lots of joy. I'm also lucky to have a terrific relationship too. On top of all that, I'm especially thankful for my health, being able-bodied and of sound mind. I've entered into a period with extraordinarily good luck; and since we never know what life has in store for us, I'll just live in the moment. So today I count my blessings and continue to think positively. For some reason I have a feeling that someone will stop by who needs to read the following message: "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world" Happiness is a state of mind. So whoever needed those words, I hope it helps. Take a moment to be thankful for something. Oh, and have a nice slice of something chocolate too, that always helps.
-Rick Rockhill

13 comments:

Jeni said...

Loved your counting of your blessings and yes, chocolate is an item that should definitely be on everyone's list as a necessity item! That, along with some cheese and crackers, beer, good books, music, pets, family and friends!

Karelian Blonde said...

Methinks life is good :)

Anonymous said...

You are so correct, Rick. Isn't life grand?

Hugs!

Jodi said...

I am in a grouchy mood today, so this was a good thing for me to read. I will try to improve my state of mind.

In the mean time, could you please ship me one of those desserts? :)

J.

Sharon said...

I love that things are going so well for you. Sometimes just being happy for someone else makes me happy too. Thanks for sharing your life with us!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

what a lovely uplifting post, thank you! i also love life.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

what a lovely uplifting post, thank you! i also love life.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

KathyA said...

I am so happy for you, Rick!

We ARE what we think, aren't we?

Maggie Moo said...

Amen to that! It's so, so true...have a great weekend!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Mmmmmmmm. Chocolate---Oh Yes! You are right to savor the good times Rick...because, as you say, you never know what is around the corner. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy....And, you do!

Unknown said...

Wow what a great post? So much information on so many things. Thanks for sharing yaar. Plastic Surgery Orange County

Desert Songbird said...

Sometimes it's really difficult to recognize our own blessings. For some, they never recognize them; some do only when it's too late.

You are blessed, my friend, and very astute to acknowledge that fact. I hope you continue to be so blessed AND wise.

samanthadoors said...

Oh my that looks good. its sinful but It looks worth the fats.

liposuction Philippines

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.