Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Meeting Some Cool Dogs at Barkworld

Last weekend while at the Barkworld Expo in Atlanta I met lots of fellow pet enthusiast social media people. Barkworld Expo featured seminars, sessions and stuff- all about using Twitter, Facebook, blogging and a myriad of other social media online trends involving pets. Yes, I was a speaker on Saturday; I co-presented with Natalie Malaszenko who is Director of Social Media & Commerce for petco.com, a company I know a thing or two about. I was there representing my company Natural Balance Pet Foods. Aside from participating in a variety of events, seminars and the public expo on pet stuff, I had the opportunity to meet and greet with a lot of cool pets...and people. Like Cosmo and Diane, as an example (see photo above left). Cosmo is a very cool Havanese and is quite athletic, especially with agility. Check out Cosmo doing tricks here for a Tillman's training treat. You can follow Cosmo on Twitter @CosmoHavanese or on his blog, To Dog With Love


above: here is Cosmo with his Mom, Diane who sure is swell. She does a great job with the blog and Tweeting on behalf of Cosmo.

above: I was lucky to get this nice photo with Natalie, Diane and Cosmo, of course!

above: And then, there is "James Bond the Dog" who I thought was way cool too. "JB" also has his own Twitter page, @JamesBondtheDog
and I must admit I am a tad bit jealous of his nearly 3,600 followers! Whew, that is one popular dog. He also has his very own video channel which is worth checking out. So instead of fretting about serious stuff like the economy or the kids, lighten up and checkout these two amazing "Anipals", you'll be glad you did. I'm glad I've met some new online pet lover friends. Barkworld was so much more than just an Expo for learning and idea exchange, it was a great opportunity to meet some cool dogs...and their people pals too.
-Rick Rockhill

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Ah Rick! You're doing it to me again -making me drool over puppy pictures! What a pretty dog that black and white one is and I have to confess, I've never heard of that breed before but sure is a beautiful dog! I'm a sucker -hook, line and sinker -for dogs -in the flesh or in pictures!

KathyA said...

What a great job you have!!!

To Dog With Love said...

Great meeting you too! Cosmo will do just about anything for a treat... and those Tillman treats made him dance!!!!

Jeni, if you make your way back over here, Havanese are fabulous little dogs -- very bright, charming, lovable... and they don't shed!!

Diane and Cosmo
http://todogwithlove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those are some cute pet celebrities.

Todd said...

I think a busy man like you needs an assistant....I'm available! :-)

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.