Sunday, August 29, 2010

National Guide Dog Month Fundraiser Starts Today!

Today is the official kick off of National Guide Dog Month. Many of you know I work for Natural Balance Pet Foods, who sponsors this fundraiser. This year our goal is to raise $1 million dollars during the month of September. Guide Dogs improve the lives of the blind by creating opportunities for life-changing independence. They provide safe mobility, loving companionship and truly the miracle of independence to the visually impaired through the use of a guide dog.
  • Did you know that every 7 minutes, someone in America becomes blind or visually impaired?
  • Did you know that 13% of our active military return from war with eye injuries?
For many, blindness means being shut off from society, stuck at home, or moving about with a walking stick, tapping ahead to find a clear path in the darkness.  

Guide Dogs can literally change the life of a blind person, restoring confidence, providing freedom to return to work, and resume a normal routine that those of us who are sighted take for granted every day.  

During the month of September you can make a donation at any Petco store, or local independent pet retailer where Natural Balance Pet Foods are available. Simply make a donation at the register when you check out. You can also purchase specially marked bags of Natural Balance Lamb Meal & Brown Rice in 28lb bags, where $1 per bag will be donated to this cause. 
If you prefer, you can also donate online from the convenience of your own home. Go to www.petco.com/naturalbalance and make a donation in any amount TODAY, Thank you!
Jimmy and Dick Van Patten with Nicollette Sheridan, and "Ally" guide dog puppy in training. Visit www.petco.com for a special video message from Ms Sheridan about National Guide Dog Month.
-Rick Rockhill

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to replenish my dog treat cache... will drop by petco when I get home...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

okay rick, i did it! guide dogs are amazing!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Rick Rockhill said...

Hi Bee & Lois- Thank you so much! Pass this onto your friends!

KathyA said...

I'll be stopping by Petco this week!

Karelian Blonde said...

Good campaign for a good cause! Well done all concerned :)

Diane J Standiford said...

NICE AD.

Wayne said...

Afternoon Rick. It's Wayne Worrell. Hope you remember me LOL. Just wanted to say I posted the guide dog video to my FB page. I'm sure my friends will help and also share the video. Thanks

Wayne said...

posted on my page by a friend of mine
I have a service dog for my husband, he had a stroke four years ago and never got use of the right side of his body, so Bear picks things up for him, opens doors, and pulls him in his wheelchair, and most of all, he keeps his blood pressure down which is what caused the stroke to begine with. I love our Bear, he's a great dog, and were lucky to have him!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.