Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cesar Millan, The Dog Whisperer at The Global Pet Expo

Yesterday was an exciting day at the Global Pet Expo in San Diego. Without a doubt, the highlight was an appearance by Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer. He was on hand to announce a new line of pet products bearing his name. (Now that the news is public, I can finally mention it on my blog.) Cesar has been closely involved in the development of the Dog Whisperer line of products, which will range from organic dog food & treats, fortified water, toys, beds, and a variety of other supplies- all in support of Cesar's philosophies to rehabilitate dogs and re-train the owners so they understand how to see the world through a dog's eyes. Now for the shameless plug: The Dog Whisperer line of products will be available exclusively at more than 900 PETCO stores nationwide in late spring 2008. Cesar is such an inspirational person with a love for animals, I am certain his new line will be a big hit. I always enjoy meeting Cesar, he is such an upbeat, positive person.
above: Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer stops for photos after he announces his line of organic dog food and supplies. In the photo above right I was petting one his dogs.

above: holding up the package of his new "Cesar Millan, Dog Whisperer" organic dog food. His appearance attracted a large crowd and members of the press as well.
above: The pet industry is an interesting business; I also ran into this wacky duo who were handing out samples of a lint roller type product. It's hard to tell from this photo but she was wearing a wacky get-up. I couldn't resist adding her to my collection of strange pet trade show sightings.
And Now for The Fine Print
As you know, this is a personal blog, and anytime I mention a product specifically it is because of my own interest and not for advertisement. I also know that there are folks from the pet industry who read my blog, so here is my usual disclaimer, what I like to call "the fine print"...
This site is about my personal opinions, experiences and stuff I am interested in. From time to time I express a personal opinion about natural, holistic and organic dog and cat food brands. As the author, I am writing this with no affiliation to my employer, although I am a dog food merchandise manager and have an excellent knowledge of pet foods. There are many kinds of natural, holistic, organic and super premium dog and cat foods available. When looking for a natural, holistic or organic pet food it is important to first consider the needs of your pet.
-Rick Rockhill

9 comments:

Jimmi said...

Capitalizing on his talents. America the beautiful LOL

Anonymous said...

Trade shows... hard work, but fun. Enjoy!

:-D)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been having a wonderful time!!!

Your Berner pics in an earlier post made me smile!

Laura said...

You have the coolest job ever.....Animals, travel, and famous people - and food...don't forget the food!

With Owen, I would imagine that lint roller gadget would come in quite handy....Hugs to Owen.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Even your fine print is a pleasure to read!
That is some get up on that woman..red and leopord print? WOW!
Always,
Elizabeth

Mx said...

Could you call Cesar and ask him if he'll come to my house and help cast a calming spell on the neighbor's two psycho dingo dogs barking and yapping hysterically all.day.long


puhleeze?

Canadian flake said...

Thanks for sharing the pics...I am always in awe of your word and adventures...and I enjoy reading about them.

Thanks again for sharing...

Selba said...

Hi there, got here from Olivia's blog.

So impressed that you have met Cesar Milan in person.

Anonymous said...

Hitting the ground at the Trade Shows. That's good work. I enjoyed reading your blog and looking at your pics with Cesar.
Peace and good luck.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.