above: The Seafood station was amazing and popular with the guests.
above: The dessert station was so tempting...creme brulee, mousse, tarts, flan, a chocolate fountain, and all kinds of pastries and cakes.
above: one of my favorite desserts, some kind of layered chocolate thing, topped with real gold flakes...so decadent!
above: I just liked all the fresh orchids throughout the brunch area, it made it feel so festive.
Dinner at "Bouley"
Sunday evening I had dinner at an interesting restaurant called "Bouley", located on Broadway and Duane Street in the TriBecca area of Manhattan. I went with the tasting menu, which consisted of the following:
- Organic Connecticut Farm Egg steamed with Black TruffleSerrano Ham, Parmesan Reggiano and 25-Year Old Balsamic Vinegar
- Sashimi Tuna with Shaved Fennel dressed in Herb Oils and a Spicy Marinade
- Wild King Salmon with Morels, Crosnes, Morel Purée,Fava Beans grilled a la plancha, Naval Orange Powder, and Clementine Glaze
- Organic Colorado Rack of Lambwith homemade Sheep Milk Ricotta Gnocchi, Rocket Salad, Fava Beans,Fresh Sage, and Zucchini-Mint Purée
- Texas Pink Grapefruit Soupinfused with Green Cardomon, Star Anise, and Tahitian Vanilla with Campari Sugar and Fromage Blanc Sorbet
- Hot Valrhona Chocolate Soufflé with Vermont Maple Ice Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Sorbet
There are two different dining rooms, above is the "white dining room"
above: the "red dining room", which is where I dined. It was a fun evening with a diverse menu.