Rick's Roadshow in New York continues with all sorts of things today. It was part business and part leisure. Sunday brunch at The Waldorf is one of the finest in all of Manhattan, it never disappoints. It has an enormous variety of dishes, from all the traditional breakfast items, with omlette stations and even an eggs benedict station that makes variations using lobster, pork or salmon. They had a Beef Wellington that was out of this world, and a leg of Lamb that was incredible. There were all sorts of cheeses, fresh prosciutto ham, and a fresh seafood station that would even tempt Dr Wang. Lobster, King Crab legs, Oysters, and Shrimp galore.
above: The Seafood station was amazing and popular with the guests.
above: The dessert station was so tempting...creme brulee, mousse, tarts, flan, a chocolate fountain, and all kinds of pastries and cakes.
above: one of my favorite desserts, some kind of layered chocolate thing, topped with real gold flakes...so decadent!
above: I just liked all the fresh orchids throughout the brunch area, it made it feel so festive.
Dinner at "Bouley"
Sunday evening I had dinner at an interesting restaurant called "Bouley", located on Broadway and Duane Street in the TriBecca area of Manhattan. I went with the tasting menu, which consisted of the following:
- Organic Connecticut Farm Egg steamed with Black TruffleSerrano Ham, Parmesan Reggiano and 25-Year Old Balsamic Vinegar
- Sashimi Tuna with Shaved Fennel dressed in Herb Oils and a Spicy Marinade
- Wild King Salmon with Morels, Crosnes, Morel Purée,Fava Beans grilled a la plancha, Naval Orange Powder, and Clementine Glaze
- Organic Colorado Rack of Lambwith homemade Sheep Milk Ricotta Gnocchi, Rocket Salad, Fava Beans,Fresh Sage, and Zucchini-Mint Purée
- Texas Pink Grapefruit Soupinfused with Green Cardomon, Star Anise, and Tahitian Vanilla with Campari Sugar and Fromage Blanc Sorbet
- Hot Valrhona Chocolate Soufflé with Vermont Maple Ice Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Sorbet
There are two different dining rooms, above is the "white dining room"
above: the "red dining room", which is where I dined. It was a fun evening with a diverse menu.