Friday, July 23, 2010

Rick's Roadshow: Hong Kong, Day 3

Today is a light post from Hong Kong, as I was very busy with work, and it was also my last day here in this country before moving on. Hong Kong has held my fascination for the entire stay. The history, architecture, and culture are all rather stimulating to me. One of the things I enjoyed about Hong Kong was discovering all sorts of things, even in everyday places. Take for instance this statue above left. It was taller than me, and looked so regal. I took a bunch of photos of Chinese dragons, lions and dogs, too many to post here. I'll save them for a future post. One aspect of my time in Hong Kong that I am especially pleased with is that I found an excellent tailor! Hong Kong is known for its tailors, and there are hundreds of then all over. The trick is to find a good one who has decent pricing. I met with Mr Ho, my new tailor and was measured for a custom suit and a sports jacket, both of which he had ready in 24 hours! So I went and picked them up today, and they fit like a dream. There is nothing like custom made clothes! Mr Ho will retain my measurements so I can have anything made in the future and have it shipped to me. I'll post photos of them later, when I have some time.

above: My new tailor shop, in Hong Kong. I get excited about the strangest things.
One Last Look at the Lights of Hong Kong.
OK, I'll be honest, I'm in a bit of a hurry today as I am headed to Kuala Lumpur. So I'm going to post a few more photos of the lights on Hong Kong. I hope you enjoy them.







Please join me tomorrow, when Rick's Roadshow returns from Kuala Lumpor, Malaysia
-Rick Rockhill

5 comments:

Rhodester said...

I think you're really with the CIA and this whole selling pet food in Asia thing is a front.

Please don't have me killed now that I outed you. What's done is done, right?

Sharon said...

I know that your sightseeing is going great. But I also hope that your business meetings are going well for you and for Natural Balance. Take care!

KathyA said...

Can't wait to see the suit!
And am also anxiously anticipating the photos of Kuala Lampur! Travel is so much fun -- even if it's done vicariously. :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i am so happy for you getting the tailor! have fun, i know you will...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Rick Rockhill said...

Rhodester- You've guessed it. Yes, I am a womanizing British spy saving the world- one martini at a time.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.