Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rick's Roadshow: Tokyo, Japan Day 2

Welcome back to Rick's Roadshow: Tokyo, Japan Day 2. Today was an excellent day of business meetings and market visits. We also had time to stop to see a few sights. This first photo above left is of Daibutsu, the Japanese word meaning "Great Buddah". Its name is The Great Buddah of Kamakura. It is a truly magnificent structure for sure. Built in 1252 A.D and made of bronze, it remains a national treasure of Japan. Seeing this was a nice way to kick off my Asian World Tour, here are few more:

above: when you enter the grounds of the Diabutsu to see Kamakura, visitors must wash their hands, Asian style in this structure.

above: A decorative something or other right Buddah.

above left: seated at the base of the stone that reads "Kamakura"

above: I suppose these are Kamakura's sandals.

above: Me posing before the great Buddah, Kamakura.

above: "The Old Building, built in the 15th century in the Japanese Garden.

above: a side view of one of the entrances to the Imperil Palace, where their emperor lives. I was fortunate to be able to visit the Palace with my honorable Japanese colleague, but I cannot share other photos or write about it.

above: Just some local architecture to give you an idea for what I saw yesterday.

above: I like this photo. If you look closely you can see a Japanese woman in traditional garb.

above: Japanese snack stand.

above: a souvenir shop was calling my name.
The Lights of Tokyo

You may notice from the photos I've posted from Japan that I have not included photos of the sprawling city. Tokyo is a huge city, with very tall modern buildings. I chose to show a different side of Tokyo so far.


Those last few photos were a little blurry, but you get the idea. We had a really delicious dinner, followed by an evening of Karaoke. The Japanese LOVE their karaoke, and I don't exactly need much encouragement to start singing...so away I went. Tomorrow I head to Korea, so stay tuned!
-Rick Rockhill-san

4 comments:

kenju said...

I am enjoying your tour!!

KathyA said...

Rick-san! So what did you sing??? I like the older, stately side of Tokyo. It's beautiful and peaceful.

Rick Rockhill said...

Kathy- Well, I sang Copacabana (Barry Manilow), Strangers in the Night (Sinatra), Hotel California (Eagles), America (Neil Diamond) and a duet with a Japanese girl, Always (I forget the band). Anyway they created a monster in me with that darn karaoke!

Sharon said...

Your pictures are great! It sounds like you're having an interesting trip so far. Take care. :)

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.