Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Rick's Roadshow: Taipei, Taiwan Day 3

I decided to squeeze in one more installment of Rick's Roadshow from Taipei. After dinner Monday night I went walking around to see a few sights. Since it was so dark I didn't capture great photos, since my camera isn't very sophisticated. However, the lights are dramatic and make the buildings look stunning. These photos are all from Freedom Square (or Liberty Square) in Taipei. I had not seen these during the day, so it was a real treat for me to see them before I left. Here is a quick run down of what I saw.

above: a sweeping view of the Liberty/Freedom Square. One left and right are the National Theatre and National Concert Halls, and straight ahead are the Freedom archways.

above: The National Theatre

above: National Concert Hall

above: I just liked the angle of this shot.

above: close-up of this sign reads: National Theatre

above: the rich, bright colors were very dramatic against the black night sky

above: Chiang Kai-Shek Hall. He was the former President of Taiwan.

above: the contrast of this white stone Chinese lion in the dark of night caught my attention. Hope you enjoyed my last few photos of Taipei as much as I did.
-Rick Rockhill

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Awesome photos! I think seeing that area lit up at night had more impact than seeing them during the day, very dramatic and memorable. I'm really enjoying your roadtrip photos.

A Lewis said...

I was only in TPE one time. In the fall of 1983. Seems like a world away from here, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some dramatic shots. It's amazing what lighting and strategically placed color can do for a building.

KathyA said...

Beautiful!
So where are you going next???

Desert Songbird said...

What a stunning city. You are so fortunate!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.