Monday, March 17, 2008

Offbeat Sights from the Expo West Show

Yesterday was the final day of the Natural Product Expo West show in Anaheim. This trade show never fails to provide plenty of material for the blog. So in between my appointments, I set out to capture a few offbeat photos for your viewing pleasure. This photo at left takes first prize as the most bizarre. These four ladies were the attraction for some herbal energy drink booth as I recall. They looked like something out of a Sci-Fi flick with a futuristic twist.
Honorable Mentions...

above: A woman on a stand was holding a nutritional supplement, she kept doing gymnastic moves, which I thought was weird.

Above: "Adam & Eve", complete with fig leaves to cover their private areas.

above: I'm convinced that the woman behind the bottles was a mad scientist, experimenting with flavored oxygen with some kind of healing properties. I was not about to shove some tube up my nose, but it did make for a cool photo op.
A Happy Goodbye...

above: This friendly bear was promoting organic sippy fruit drinks, he was fairly normal until he struck this pose flexing his muscles and growled at the camera!

Well that's my wrap up of the weekend....how was your weekend? Comments are welcome.
Oh I almost forgot:
HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!
-Rick Rockhill

10 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I've been out on vacation, and having my baby sister have her second child, so I'm just now catching up, and I'm glad I caught this post! I'll come back to the others later on..
that o2 thing...hmm,..I hear germs..but let me tell you how excited my Sulli was when he saw the pic of Papa Bear from the Bearenstein bears!! Very cool!

I am in "talks" with my own BDD for adding a dog to our family..we're thinking Lab mix or full lab..

Am I nuts? :)

Happy Monday and St Pats day..
I bet your jealous that you miss out on the green chicago river, eh?

Always,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Rick!

Gymnastic girl display does look a bit weird, but I bet it got a lot of attention!

Rhodester said...

Probably the last thing I'd think of when it comes to sippy fruit drinks would be mean, growling bears with vanity issues. Winnie The Pooh he isn't!

Anonymous said...

I love the herbal energy girl's hair. You look pretty good too. They obviously shared some of their energy with you.

whimsical brainpan said...

Great pics!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Zen Wizard said...

That bear looks suspiciously like a Berenstain Bear.

I'm just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

I thought those were four Dorothys without the ruby slippers with you. Steven

Diane J Standiford said...

1,2,KICK! 1, 2, KICK!

Canadian flake said...

lmao if I had seen the bear growling I would have reminded him that he IS the dad from Berenstein Bears so he isn't allowed to growl...

thanks for the giggles..lol

Naomi said...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day Rick! Hope you and John had a good one. Great photos. I actually know quite a bit about this show as I work in the healthfood industry. Just recently took a job with another company. The M.D. of my last company visted both the Expo East and Expo West shows. I remember him saying how it was on a much larger scale than the British shows and some of the weird and wonderful stands there. I'm sure you had a great visit.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.