Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Art Review: Sun in the Desert

This morning I woke up early to catch the sunrise on the San Jacinto Mountains, which is always so beautiful. I've often remarked that no two days are alike in the desert, depending on the angle of the sun, atmosphere and time of year. So this morning I sat by the pool, watching the colors of the early morning sun brighten the mountains. It was a truly magnificent morning. This was the inspiration for this week's Sunday Art Review: Sun in the Desert.
I set out to find a range of paintings that featured either a sunrise or sunset in a desert, and went through my usual process of selection, evaluation and rankings for inclusion into the Sunday Art Review. I chose most of these because they convey the warmth of the sun along with the serenity of the desert scape. I hope you enjoy this week's selection.

above: "Saguaro in Morning Sun"

above: "Sunrise on the range"

above: "Morning in the desert"

above: "Desert Sunset"

above: "Sundown at the desert"
-Rick Rockhill

5 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I so LOVE the Desert Rick....I especially love that first picture.....And like you, I have always marveled at the Beauty of the light on the mountains there and the changes that happen, not only day to day, but moment to moment....There is no place like it...
You have chosen a very nice group of paintings to represent that special look, though nothing does it justice like seeing it all--"In Person".

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i like morning in the desert the best!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

snowelf said...

I love them all... I can't even pick!!!

--snow

whimsical brainpan said...

Wow "Saguaro in Morning Sun" is so realistically rendered I though it was a photo at first.

Olivia said...

I like the Saguaro in Morning Sun because I really appreciate the blush of sunrise or sunset. The other evening, I saw a touch of pink on the Verrazano Bridge and wanted to take a photo but didn't have my camera with me.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.