Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wisdom Wednesdays: Featuring Dr Sidney Wang

"Wisdom Wednesdays" features the sage advice of our resident oracle, Dr Sidney Wang. Believed to be a reincarnated descendant of King Rama II of Siam, Dr Wang responds to e-mail submissions with advice, predictions of the future and conveys ancient proverbs to provide guidance and support. Dr Sidney Wang's 24 Hour Wisdom, Advice and Inspiration service is also available from the left side navigation for this feature.

This week's e-mail comes from a reader named Charlene S. from Portland, Oregon. Charlene writes:

Dear Dr Wang,

I have always wanted to see Niagra Falls and I finally booked a trip to visit. However, a close friend is planning to elope with her boyfriend and asked me to be her maid of honor on the same weekend as my trip to Niagra Falls. My trip is mostly non-refundable, but I have always told my girlfriend that I would be there for her. What should I do?

totally confused,
Charlene S.

Dr Wang responds: Dear Charlene;

Indeed you are in a predicament. If your friend suddenly decided to get married and expects you to drop everything and be there, she is being unreasonable. On the other fin, she is your best friend and you have already told her you would be her maid of honor. I have consulted the Great Bubble Wall in my tank and your future is now clear as the glass walls of my home...

You must go on your trip to Niagra Falls as planned. There you will meet someone who will play an important role in your future. This person is already within six degrees of separation from you.

Your girlfriend will be upset with you for missing her wedding, but do not despair, her wedding is ill-advised. This man she is planning to marry is evil. He is a fisherman who has rounded up some of my distant relatives for human consumption! This will be a source of some strain between you both, until she learns of his wicked ways.

The good news is that she will remarry a farmer- which is the true wedding you will serve as her maid of honor. In the meantime, keep on swimming upstream.
-Dr Sidney Wang

4 comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

My first Dr Wang since becoming a reader here.
I laughed, I cried, it was better than catfish!

Love the answer Dr. Wang! Will be back!

Anonymous said...

dr wang do you make housecalls? I could use some psychic advice.

Anonymous said...

WOW- WHAT an incredible story!

Gill said...

ROFLMAO at Dr.Wang.
This is so original and so funny I can't believe my luck. Let me think of a question and I will get back to Dr.Wang on it.
Thank you so much!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.