Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cruise to Mexico: El Ultimo Día

I have a few final photos to share from my mini-cruise to Mexico. These are all from el último día, the last day. I walked around with my camera, snapping photos left and right, creating a photo journal of our travel experience. I also torture John and make him take photos of me when I see a blogworthy photo op. Here I am wearing favorite Tommy Bahama straw hat, which protects me from too much sun exposure and also looks ever-so-stylish, don't you think?
above: I passed by Habana Banana restaurant, a popular attraction with the American tourists.
above: cactus plants along the side of the road. Even though we have them all over Palm Springs I still like taking photos of them. The one on the right had beautiful yellow flowers blooming all over it.

above: for some reason I am fascinated by cruise ships and marvel at their size and shape.
above: the Princess logo at the bottom of the pools on the ship made the water look so inviting.
above left: the floor of the main atrium in the ship, looking down from three floors up. If you look carefully at the top of the stairs you can see a small sun rising in the tile floor. above right: one of my favorite vantage points, from the Wheelhouse bar, where I enjoy my nightly glass of wine.

above: We were thrilled to find Gabriella working on the ship. She was one of our favorite servers from the Panama cruise last year. After 19 days we got to know Gabriella quite well. It was like seeing an old friend again, of course I had to stop for a photo! I am glad we took this cruise, even as short as it was. Now I can hardly wait for the big cruise in September....
Thanks for stopping by to check out my cruise posts this week.
-Rick Rockhill

8 comments:

Rhodester said...

Are you back in Palm Springs now? Because we've, like , MISSED YOU Rick! Hey, if you're ever downtown at the coffeebean at Tahquitz Canyon and Palm Canyon on a Sunday morning between 8-10, look for me on the patio. K? alrighty then.

Desert Songbird said...

A photo of you in your Tommy Bahama hat is ALWAYS in style and good taste.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh rick i LOVE it when we spot someone from another cruise that we met and liked so much! it happens once in awhile and makes me so happy. and i am just like you, fascinated with the size and shape of the ships... thanks for sharing and enjoy your new status in september, i KNOW you will! ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxooxxoxoxoxo

Cheryl said...

I love your cruises and can't wait to 'come along'in September.

TWISI said...

looks like a fun trip.

Marlupe said...

I really need to take a cruise, I keep drooling over yours and I finally realized why don't I just take one already???

Odat said...

Very nice~~~~
Thanks for sharing~
Peace

Jimmi said...

Very nice! I love going on cruises. I am going on my 3rd Cruise in September. The last 2 have been on Princess (actually both of them were on the Caribbean Princess) but this next one we are trying out Royal Caribbean.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.