Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cruise to Mexico: Fantastico!

Today was the final day of our "mini-cruise" to Mexico. We had a great time, and made the most of every moment. I wanted to stay on the ship and sail up to Alaska...if only I could. There is something about being on a cruise that I find so relaxing. Every time I take a cruise, there are some routines that I follow without fail: like room service at dawn, early morning laps around the ship on the promenade deck, pre-dinner cocktails and a glass of wine after dinner in the lounge. I admit, I am a creature of habit and enjoy familiar routines. It all started when I took the Panama Canal cruise...it was so nice to be served breakfast on the balcony, sitting in my bathrobe watching the waves gently roll by while sipping tea. I'm not too spoiled. I thought I'd lead off with a fun picture of me with some dude wearing one heck of a get-up. He was blowing into a shell of some sort and would break into a wild tribal dance every so often. It was definitely blog-worthy.

above left: The biggest Mexican flag I have EVER seen. Above right: walking into an open air market.

above: stands at an open air market with fruits a stand with food being cooked that smelled delicious!

above: this man was blowing glass and making all sorts of designs. If you look closely you can see the fire at the end of the stick he is using to shape the glass.
La Bufadora (Blowhole) Cove

above: The coastline was quite beautiful...

above: La Bufadora (the blowhole) would shoot water up every 45 seconds or so, with the ebb and flow of the tide. It is one of a few such blowholes in the world where water is forced up so high and with such regularity. It's hard to see from these photos, so I provided a little video for you to enjoy~

above: I took this video of "La Bufadora"to show you what it's like. The voice of the woman is a nice lady named "Jane" I met from the cruise, who ironically lives in the Palm Springs area also. If you read this Jane, I hope to see you when we are back home in the desert. I hope you enjoyed today's photos from the cruise. I'll have a few more on Thursday too.Thanks for stopping by.
-Rick Rockhill

9 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

It looks like you are having a fabulous time. More photos please!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

looks like fun my friend, just sorry it's not me. oh. did i say that out loud? sorry. ha ha ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ginormous Boobs said...

I am dying to go on a cruise...I think your blog has just bumped it up a few spots on my to-do list.

Desert Songbird said...

Thanks for the video sharing - looks like you had a great time.

Maggie Moo said...

Very neat pictures! I'm glad you had a great time. I would have loved to see the wild tribal dance. :)

Laura said...

I am a firm believer that I went down on the Titanic in a past life, so cruises are not for me. However, it looks like you had a WONDERFUL trip! Now, did you buy one of those native costumes to wear around the house on your off time????

Marlupe said...

I have lots of hand blown glass figurines at home, they are so beautiful and delicate.

WAT said...

I went to LA BUFADORA years ago with my parents before it became such a tourist attraction! BUT I SEEN IT! I BEEN THERE! AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Olivia said...

Oh the glassblowing just fascinates me! It looks like pulling REALLY hot taffy.

What a sense of accomplishment he must have when he sets a finished piece on the table.

(Blimey you could get about 10 houses on that one flag!)

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.