Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rick's Roadshow: London, Tea with Olivia!

I'm back in London this week for business. Monday however was a bank holiday here in the UK (as it is in the US), so essentially I had the day off for myself. Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be attending a private conference related to my job, and will be on a market tour as well, so I'll be quite busy for work. But as I've mentioned, Monday was a day for me to potter about and enjoy the city. I had made plans to meet a fellow blogger friend, Olivia, from Olivia's London Dispatches. It is a rare treat for me to meet fellow bloggers, having only met "Rhodester" from Palm Springs once before. So the "surprise" I mentioned in yesterday's post is this photo of me with Olivia, having tea in South Kensington. We had a lovely time together, and I consider myself fortunate to have met Olivia in person. Olivia is actually heading to America in a few days, so the timing worked out rather well.

Views of South Kensington

above: The Pelham Hotel, where I am staying. It's a lovely hotel with an inviting drawing room, library and sitting rooms that feel like you are staying at a rich uncle's home, rather than a large hotel.

above: Buildings along Brompton Road, and the expensive row houses in the Kensington neighborhood.

above left: the front entrance to the famed Victoria & Albert Museum, and above right: the London Oratory.

above left: the entrance to the fabled department store Liberty of London. above right: a quick photo of Berkley Square (pronounced "barkley"). Some of you may know the standard song "...and a nightingale sang in Berkley Square..." Well this is the area to which that song refers. Hope today's post was worth reading and waiting for. Special thanks to Olivia for meeting me yesterday!~
-Rick Rockhill

9 comments:

Olivia said...

It was my pleasure Rick. Thank you for a lovely morning. When I visit Southern California we can repeat it sunny-style...it certainly won't be raining like it was here.

All the best on your busy week, and safe trip home.

kenju said...

The photos are wonderful. Love your hotel. Congratulations on meeting another blogger; I shall have to go and check her out.

Anonymous said...

London looks like such a wonderful city. how nice that you were able to meet Olivia too!

A Lewis said...

I'm still right here with you....traveling, wishing, dreaming.

Anonymous said...

How fun that you were able to meet Olivia! And here I thought your surprise was that you were going to reveal the number of pairs of shoes you brought with on your trip. I know, it can never be as many as one of the cruisin cousins brings!

whimsical brainpan said...

As always wonderful pics! I am so glad that you got to meet with Olivia. I hope to meet some of my fellow bloggers someday.

Desert Songbird said...

Hmmm...wonder if I'll get to meet a fellow blogger some day soon? *grin*

OldLady Of The Hills said...

So happy you are back in London, Rick...It is GREAT to see all the places you visit and 'the sights' you see....! I LOVE LOBDON!

Lilian said...

Rick-
How cool that you met a fellow blogger. I did the same thing on my trip to Barcelona. If everybody kept doing this around the world, through social networks, global peace through understanding probably would not be utopia :)

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.