Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Saturday Seven: Worst Chores Ever

Well another Saturday is here, and for most people that means chores that need to be done. Of course, there are the daily chores- like washing dishes that can be such a bore, even with one of those new fangled dish washing machines. Some chores never seem to bother me, yet there are others I simply dread and out off at all costs. Once I actually get started, they never seem as bad. This brings me to another scintillating edition of:
The Saturday Seven: Worst Chores Ever!
#1 Washing Clothes- I just hate washing and folding too!

#2 Ironing- oh such a headache...need I say more about this one?

#3 Scrubbing the floors- ouch my knees hurt...and it makes me look like an old woman.

#4 Cleaning the Refrigerator- why is it I keep mustard from last year and yogurt that expired a week ago? And how did those onions rot so quickly?

#5 Cleaning the Garage- I never dump stuff in the garage, someone else must have done it to get so bad.

#6 Organizing the Junk Drawer- there has to be a better way.

#7 Brushing my Pussy Cat- it feels good at first, until I hit a knot then he is outta there!

What are some of YOUR least favorite chores around the house? C'mon, leave a message and share a bit...all comments are completely FREE OF CHARGE!

13 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

I don't have a problem with the washing of the clothes (too much), but I really need to teach my kids how to fold clothes. Ugh.

I detest cleaning the bathrooms.

lime said...

i see bathroom cleaning didn't make your list, nor did vacuuming and dusting.

i will gladly do all your laundry if you do my vacuuming and dusting.

P.L. Frederick said...

Scrubbing the bathtub! Trying not to barf whilst cleaning the toilet!

P.L. Frederick (SMALL & big)

Jimmi said...

Thanks for depressing me! :( ha ha

I love the Refrigerator snakes..

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I don't like cleaning the house when all six (plus the dog, guinea pig and turtle), are living in it. I used to have a clean house when it was just me. The kids can mess up a room in 2 seconds flat.

I do love laundry though. I think I've just done so much that I love to have soft, clean and good smelling clothes.

As for #3, try cleaning the floor using only your foot, and leg of course! Rub the cleaning cloth around on the floor with your foot. It's much easier on your back and your knees. A mop is good too!

I only iron if I absolutely have to. I don't have room to keep the ironing board up all the time. If I did, I'd probably iron more often.

Have a great weekend. Go outside! Clean the house when it's dark out!!

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you on the laundry. For #3, how about getting a Scooba (like a roomba). Don't have one, so not sure how well they work, but it sure would be nice to not have to scrub!

Cheryl said...

My least favorite job is probably cleaning the kitchen floor. The one that hardly ever gets done but needs it badly is cleaning the mini-blinds.
The house always looks good, and that counts for a lot. Just don't look too close.

Diane J Standiford said...

Just a comment: My 101 yr old aunt never exercied a day in her life, ate as she pleased, but did chores non-stop, before and after her 9-5 job. I hate folding clothes.

Scott in Iowa said...

Picking up dog poo from backyard that the 60 lb standard poodle left before I can mow the lawn.

Anonymous said...

Sorry but - I just don't like ANY work about the house! I think I'm far too delicate, which is probably why I married such a strong lass!!! (Only, please don't tell her what I said!).

Mona said...

I agree Totally!

Ginormous Boobs said...

Doing the dishes...I hate it so much!

Unknown said...

Oh, I am sooooooo with you on this one!

1. I don't mind doing the dishes, but putting them away seems to be a bit of an annoyance to me.

2. The same goes for laundry. I don't mind doing laundry, but folding the clothes and putting them away seems so tedious a job to me.

3. I HATE dusting and vacuuming, but it's something that needs to be done and I can't ignore it. Likewise for scrubbing the floors. *sigh*

4. Cleaning the toilet and bathtub's not fun either.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.